Stall set up/advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No going back now, found insurance for 1 day at a total cost of £23 and I've booked and paid for the stall. Still have a few things to do
Plan my table layout
Make my banner with my logo on
Need to buy bags - anyone got suggestions? I've found some on Amazon that work out at 17p each.
Cash float for giving change
Make more stuff to sell.

Am I missing anything?
Here you would get a card scanner as the use of cash has dropped off immensely since Covid. Most everyone is tapping bank cards or credit cards and many are using their phones or watches so they don't even carry plastic. Cash only and you loose sales. Might be different on your side of the pond.

Pete

Overall I think the school fair today was a good day, didn't sell quite as much as I thought we might but I think that was due to a lack of advertising from the PTA and being placed at the back of a room behind other stalls, had it been a craft fair I would probably have done twice as well.
IMG-20221203-WA0007.jpg

Happily buy a few off you.

Ok to bring cherry down to you next weekend Friday night / Sunday lunchtime?

I wrapped my sold pieces in thin tissue paper, (Ebay) which gave a degree of protection to the high glossy finish and placed it in a cheappy plastic bag (Ebay) with "Have a Nice Day " printed on them

Happily buy a few off you.

Ok to bring cherry down to you next weekend Friday night / Sunday lunchtime?
I'll post some pics later of what I have left so you can let me know what you want, a friend is going to take some stuff to a craft fair that she does next weekend.

That will be great thank you 😊😊😊

I wrapped my sold pieces in thin tissue paper, (Ebay) which gave a degree of protection to the high glossy finish and placed it in a cheappy plastic bag (Ebay) with "Have a Nice Day " printed on them
We set up a wrapping station behind the stall, coloured tissue paper to wrap, brown paper bags sealed with a thankyou sticker, everyone loved it.

In our medieval re-enactment group, we offer have a go archery. We only charge £2 for three arrows, The amount of time we are asked if we take cards, is a lot. So, we invested in one Not sure how much it was and the technicalities of it. But I do know, the next time we were out, we would have lost £70 worth of sales if we hadn't got it.

Overall I think the school fair today was a good day, didn't sell quite as much as I thought we might but I think that was due to a lack of advertising from the PTA and being placed at the back of a room behind other stalls, had it been a craft fair I would probably have done twice as well.
View attachment 148464
Always a tough one to call. I’ve done a few school fairs where people come along with limited cash and by the time they’ve bought a burger/mince pie/cup of coffee and paid for the kids face painting & lucky dip, there’s nothing left for buying quality hand crafted gifts.

in contrast, did one in a school on Thursday evening which was purely a “shopping” event. We did £200 which I was really pleased with.

Always a tough one to call. I’ve done a few school fairs where people come along with limited cash and by the time they’ve bought a burger/mince pie/cup of coffee and paid for the kids face painting & lucky dip, there’s nothing left for buying quality hand crafted gifts.

in contrast, did one in a school on Thursday evening which was purely a “shopping” event. We did £200 which I was really pleased with.
Financially we did really well, allowing for the cost of stall, insurance and peripherals we made almost £550 profit, not too shabby for a 3hr event, I was more surprised that the smaller items didn't sell but most of my large trees did, the figures didn't get the attention I expected but that's the way it goes I guess.

Well we did the Pink Toothbrush Alternative market & record fair, as i half expected for us it was a blow out, For most of the other stall holders it was the same. I think the market has some milage as its a good venue in the centre of town but a cold grey sunday meant it was quiet. Good atmosphere though & i gave a lot of cards out to people. With these plus a few fb enqiuiries i think a few sales are likely in next few weeks. What im building is still very much a niche market with no apparent local competition.
I think we will do it again but wait till the weather warms up!

Back