Quantcast

spring is sprung

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

MikeG.

Plodding on.
Reaction score
Yep, it's ridiculous. I can remember when we used to actually have winter. Now autumn runs straight into spring.

Vann

Established Member
Reaction score
Isn't global warming fun :wink:

At least until we all have to wear our wellies 24/7 #-o .

Cheers, Vann.

Trainee neophyte

[Insert witty and amusing title here]
Reaction score
MikeG.":1k84xam2 said:
Yep, it's ridiculous. I can remember when we used to actually have winter. Now autumn runs straight into spring.
I am currently enjoying the Halcyon Days - it's actually a known weather phenomenon as well as an ancient myth - it hasn't rained properly since before Christmas, and is currently sunny and 15-18 degrees. February is normally wet, and fankly we need the rain, which will be biblcal. Wasn't it snowing in Devon just the other day? I have a friend in Princeton who sent photos of snow last week, but they live in a different climate to everyone else - possibly a different planet.

(https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/halcyon-days.html)

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been enjoying how warm it is, certainly beats the beast from the east in 2018, bring on global warming I say. :D

AES

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting. No signs of new spring growth here, apart from catkins coming on the willow tree, but exceptionally warm for the time of year (was 15C yesterday) and almost no frosts and almost no snow apart from a little powder that hasn't lasted.

Been raining today though and more expected tomorrow, and a big temp drop (down 10C or more) by mid week. But overall, not at all what you'd call "normal" for us in Dec & Jan.

Phil Pascoe

occasional purveyor of blunt tools.
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Trainee neophyte":s0gagtvb said:
I have a friend in Princeton who sent photos of snow last week, but they live in a different climate to everyone else - possibly a different planet.
It might be colder in gaol, I suppose.

AJB Temple

Finely figured
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
It is so wet where I live (Kent) that I actually got my little tractor stuck today. But snowdrops and crocuses are out.

Yojevol

Wooden tit be nice... ♪♪♪♪♪♪
Reaction score
We've got daffodils, crocuses and primroses out before the snowdrops have really got going. The grass is getting so high that I'm going to have to get a machete out to get to the workshop!

Latest posts