spring size

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boschboy

Established Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me what this spring size is i have looked to buy but can not find this size any were i know there 10mm length and there to fit into a m3 bolt size hole

Nobody seems to understand the size

Nobody understands the size because the language and terminology you are using to describe it is vague, open to misinterpretation and non-standard.

It is said that a picture paints a thousand words. Take or find a picture of the item with which the spring is used and then we might understand what you want.

Well, with respect, as member ChaiLatte already pointed out (above), you haven't given us enough info.

Does this spring have to fit "snugly" on the OD of the bolt? Or just "loosely"? Does the spring fit into the bolt hole and exert some upward tension on the bolt? You've already said "into a 3mm bolt hole": What does that mean exactly/what job is the spring doing?

Sorry, but I'm sure that for you, with the equipment (or whatever it is) in front of you, it all seems quite obvious. But for me at least, I can image at least 2 or 3 different scenarios from the minimal description in your OP, and they'd all likely be wrong!

A picture (with a phone camera will do) or even just a rough sketch will help stop a LOT of guess work. Even better, what about a photo of the "complete equipment" showing where this 3mm bolt goes, what it does, and what that spring you want is supposed to do.

P.S. My post crossed with "CL's". He's said it better than I did. Just tell us what the machine is that the spring comes from. That'd be a good start.

Well, with respect, as member ChaiLatte already pointed out (above), you haven't given us enough info.

Does this spring have to fit "snugly" on the OD of the bolt? Or just "loosely"? Does the spring fit into the bolt hole and exert some upward tension on the bolt? You've already said "into a 3mm bolt hole": What does that mean exactly/what job is the spring doing?

Sorry, but I'm sure that for you, with the equipment (or whatever it is) in front of you, it all seems quite obvious. But for me at least, I can image at least 2 or 3 different scenarios from the minimal description in your OP, and they'd all likely be wrong!

A picture (with a phone camera will do) or even just a rough sketch will help stop a LOT of guess work. Even better, what about a photo of the "complete equipment" showing where this 3mm bolt goes, what it does, and what that spring you want is supposed to do.

P.S. My post crossed with "CL's". He's said it better than I did. Just tell us what the machine is that the spring comes from. That'd be a good start.
It’s a compression spring to fit inside a 3mm hole to press a small plunger down the idea of the spring is to allow adjustment of the plunger and to keep tension hope that makes some sense

It’s a compression spring to fit inside a 3mm hole to press a small plunger down the idea of the spring is to allow adjustment of the plunger and to keep tension hope that makes some sense
A bit like a ballpoint pen

Photos

Attachments

• 22D12CB9-DD98-41BD-809C-89F677F5C63E.jpeg
    22D12CB9-DD98-41BD-809C-89F677F5C63E.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • A5EB6BFD-ACF2-41CA-BED2-A2CD6A8EC391.jpeg
    A5EB6BFD-ACF2-41CA-BED2-A2CD6A8EC391.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Loads on EBay…with size options.various lengths diameters and wire diameter…usually from China….make take a while, but very cheap
Cannot you find one on something else like you’ve suggested…a ball point pen and cut to length

Loads on EBay…

There is a big difference between typing 'loads on eBay' and providing a link to a specific item that is sub-3mm diameter and 10mm long, which is what the OP seeks.

If he needs 100pieces, that is a lot of pens he has to liberate from the office stationery cupboard. Maybe he could smuggle them out in his socks, 20 at a time.

Latest posts

Back