Mitre Clamp Springs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiritburner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hiya Everyone .

Does anyone here use Mitre clamp springs and if so how do you find them and have your found that the points damage the actual joint in any way please.

I already have and use 4 x 20cm 90º squares which are CNC machined and come with their own clamps and are perfectly accurate but was wondering on getting a set of the springs ( just as a quick fix and where I do not need larger options) as the 90º clamps can sometimes be cumbersome. I also have a couple of sets of the belt clamps, again which are useful.

Thanks a lot Ñeil

ShareX_CBbHkTUNhM.png

They work well and are quick and easy but you are left with holes in the wood. They mostly clean up with a little steaming but I have found it easier to hot melt on some 2mm hardboard strips to take the damage, especially on a quality piece of hardwood.

They work well and are quick and easy but you are left with holes in the wood. They mostly clean up with a little steaming but I have found it easier to hot melt on some 2mm hardboard strips to take the damage, especially on a quality piece of hardwood.
Thanks I wonder whether it would be worth designing some little feet forthemin 3d and 3d print them in ABS or similar and treat them as a consumable, wouldn't take much to do it assuming you have access to a 3d printer 😄 Thanks for the info to both of you

Back