spring is sprung

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
DSCF0185.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF0185.JPG
    DSCF0185.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 409
Isn't global warming fun :wink:

At least until we all have to wear our wellies 24/7 #-o .

Cheers, Vann.

MikeG.":1k84xam2 said:
Yep, it's ridiculous. I can remember when we used to actually have winter. Now autumn runs straight into spring.

I am currently enjoying the Halcyon Days - it's actually a known weather phenomenon as well as an ancient myth - it hasn't rained properly since before Christmas, and is currently sunny and 15-18 degrees. February is normally wet, and fankly we need the rain, which will be biblcal. Wasn't it snowing in Devon just the other day? I have a friend in Princeton who sent photos of snow last week, but they live in a different climate to everyone else - possibly a different planet.

(https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/halcyon-days.html)

I've been enjoying how warm it is, certainly beats the beast from the east in 2018, bring on global warming I say. :D

Interesting. No signs of new spring growth here, apart from catkins coming on the willow tree, but exceptionally warm for the time of year (was 15C yesterday) and almost no frosts and almost no snow apart from a little powder that hasn't lasted.

Been raining today though and more expected tomorrow, and a big temp drop (down 10C or more) by mid week. But overall, not at all what you'd call "normal" for us in Dec & Jan.

It is so wet where I live (Kent) that I actually got my little tractor stuck today. But snowdrops and crocuses are out.

We've got daffodils, crocuses and primroses out before the snowdrops have really got going. The grass is getting so high that I'm going to have to get a machete out to get to the workshop!

Latest posts

Back