resiliant watches?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fir cone

Reaction score
since my trusted chronometre decided to end its functionality last week I am now in search of a new watch.

Patek Philippe for me. :)

But seriously I've got a TAG which is still going strong after 20 odd yrs - wear it all the time.

Rod

paulm":1bscc6tx said:
Casio G-Shocks are bomb proof,
Agreed ! Me and a pal of mine had the same watches. When we first discovered the joys of alcohol it was a common theme to both play conkers with the g shocks. They would never break and usually we only gave up after hitting each others knuckles :lol: mines still going strong which is a shame cause I quite fancy getting a new one :roll:

TAG series 2000 divers watch (no I am not a diver) circa 1992 here. It has been a faithful companion and bullet proof and worn everywhere from workshop to dinner dance.

I've smashed every watch I've ever worn, cheap and expensive. As I have circulation problems (blood) in my shoulders, arms and hands, I can't have anything remotely binding, and that includes watches. So I've always worn them floppy loose. They end up on the inside of my wrist, and get whacked every time I rest my hands on something. I gave up wearing them, and now I've got used to not knowing the time!

Casio G shock is a very sturdy watch. many of the members of the Scuba diving club I was in wore them and they are bullet proof. I have a Citizen Aqualand that I used to use for my diving and it has been a great watch apart from the cost of servicing it every two years at around £50! :shock:

cutting42":2djxm50n said:
Racers":2djxm50n said:
I have a TAG or two,

:wink:

Pete

Nice - At least you could set them to different times!

They differ by about 4 seconds, is that enough difference? :lol:

Pete

I have lots of watches, for workshop use it's either Rolex Oyster or Seiko AGS (the first one) or a pocket watch which avoids the problems of transmitted shock.

I have a citizen Eco and my dad has like 4 of them we like them never have to change the battery and with our local jeweller if it gets damaged he will fix for next to nothing :)

In the U.K. the only time my Seiko came off my wrist was on the very odd occasion that I had a bath. I normally had showers before the smartasses appear.

Since I moved over here I have a watch on my wrist if I remember to put it on which isn't very often. here isn't any need and it's much more comfortable.

What is time but something that can be told by the hunger you feel, the thirst you feel or how tired you feel?

Who needs a watch? 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

thanks fpor the suggestions, I think I might be going with a G Shock, or maybe a military watch, they have to be sturdy I guess :D

fir cone":2q1r5ud3 said:
thanks fpor the suggestions, I think I might be going with a G Shock, or maybe a military watch, they have to be sturdy I guess :D

I think you need something with a bit more "class" to it. Try one of these:

http://www.bornrich.com/entry/expensive ... atch-2011/

Up to $25 million for a watch might seem a bit steep, but I am sure they would do the job for you!! :wink: :wink:

Latest posts

Back