Rats in a trap...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Pete
So are all you decendants native or did they invade as well? Maybe brought a rat or two. :ROFLMAO: most of us are mongrels of sorts if we go back far enough.

Hi Pete
So are all you decendants native or did they invade as well? Maybe brought a rat or two. :ROFLMAO: most of us are mongrels of sorts if we go back far enough.
My parents immigrated after WW2 from Europe. Most of my mother's family being exterminated in the final solution. They were considered no better than rats too. I'm not a mongrel. I'm a monkey.
Pete

My parents immigrated after WW2 from Europe. Most of my mother's family being exterminated in the final solution. They were considered no better than rats too. I'm not a mongrel. I'm a monkey.
Pete
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

My mother was Austrian, brought back as a souvenir after the war ;) Europeans get everywhere.

Weve been to Canada on a couple of 5 week long holidays and loved it, the people were great, even the hairy locals (as my avatar) at least didn't attempt to kill us.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

My mother was Austrian, brought back as a souvenir after the war ;) Europeans get everywhere.

Weve been to Canada on a couple of 5 week long holidays and loved it, the people were great, even the hairy locals (as my avatar) at least didn't attempt to kill us.
The bears generally aren't too fussy about their food but they don't like the Limey flavour. 😝 😉

Pete

The bears generally aren't too fussy about their food but they don't like the Limey flavour. 😝 😉

Pete
:LOL:

I got very close to that big fella but only because a couple of other tourists were even closer and I decided he would kill them first. i think they were French so mayby tastier.

So grey squirrels were introduced from North America in 19C? But Europeans were there as an invasive species variant themselves! Maybe they should be trapped and culled?
In fact everything is an invasive species - whatever and wherever it is now it wasn't there some years or millennia ago.
Not seen many red squirrels except some years ago in the Lakes we saw a road sign saying "Red Squirrels drive slowly" - we were surprised that they drove at all!
Round the next corner and red squirrels were hopping about all over the place, even in the middle of the road - worse than bloody cyclists!

Last edited:
So grey squirrels were introduced from North America in 19C? But Europeans were there as an invasive species variant themselves! Maybe they should be trapped and culled?
In fact everything is an invasive species - whatever and wherever it is now it wasn't there some years or millennia ago.
Not seen many red squirrels except some years ago in the Lakes we saw a road sign saying "Red Squirrels drive slowly" - we were surprised that they drove at all!
Round the next corner and red squirrels were hopping about all over the place, even in the middle of the road - worse than bloody cyclists!
everything is not an invasive species. dont tell that to an aborigine

Back