resiliant watches?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doorframe":1hiv0s5y said:
I......... I gave up wearing them, and now I've got used to not knowing the time!
Me too. Haven't worn a watch for decades. There's so many clocks around plus phone, tablet, computer, in the car, radio TV etc - wrist watches are redundant.

RogerP":1jse5oke said:
Haven't worn a watch for decades. There's so many clocks around plus phone, tablet, computer, in the car, radio TV etc - wrist watches are redundant.

That's interesting, Roger. I feel just as lost without my wristwatch as my kids do without a mobile. I frequently go out for the day leaving my mobile behind but would not dream of going out without a watch. Funny how times change!!

henton49er":15hk8qur said:
RogerP":15hk8qur said:
Haven't worn a watch for decades. There's so many clocks around plus phone, tablet, computer, in the car, radio TV etc - wrist watches are redundant.

That's interesting, Roger. I feel just as lost without my wristwatch as my kids do without a mobile. I frequently go out for the day leaving my mobile behind but would not dream of going out without a watch. Funny how times change!!
If I go out for the day I don't take a watch or a mobile but I do always have my dSLR with me, and guess what? That tells the time too :)

I got a G-Shock after my boss gave out to me for wearing my Festina watch to work one day. Still going strong.

A mate of mine was stuck in a jam in his van and checked the time on his Iphone, a police car was driving the other way saw him and fined him for using his mobile, so a watch would have been a better bet.

Pete

Last weekend we were sitting around the bar comparing watches. A friend wearing a G shock watch said that he had one because as an RNLI inshore lifeboat crew he needed an unbreakable watch. He then demonstrated its toughness by taking it off and banging it on the bar. We all laughed when the second hand fell off......

Latest posts

Back