Replacement Batteries

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smudger

Established Member
Reaction score
This follows on from the DeWalt thread, as it comes home to me that if I am happy with my Bosch drills (which I am) I might as well just replace the batteries, given that I have a total of 5 Bosch cordless (3 in England, 2 in France).

Bosch replacements aren't cheap. But I have found this place which seems to have batteries which are better specced (2.2ah against 1.2) than my present NiCads for less than £30 a pop. I could also bring an old 9.6v drill back to life for £20, to use as a screwdriver.

See here

Does anyone know anything about this company or this product? Is this almost-free lunch too good to be true?

I note they are not UK based Dick, that could add substantially to the cost. One year guarantee. It's even cheaper if you simply buy the Ni-Cads and DIY.

Roy.

I know nothing of the company, Dick, but if you can get into the battery pack you have, replacement cells are very cheap from places like Maplins. I did my respirator for about £12 when a replacement power unit was nearly £100.

The biggest problem is getting into the packs themselves. My bosch is easy to open, I've not yet succeeded in getting into my DWs. Although there is only one screw, they are also clipped invisibly or welded shut. Whateve, I can't get in :(

Cheers
Steve

Steve, I did the same with my respirator. With drills etc, if all else fails cut the battery case open with a fine saw then they can be glued back together in some cases or screwed back together.
Like I said before, I'm a tight B*****d!

Roy.

Got mine from here based on recommendation from a Thread here on ukw. Seem pretty good. Had to file the latches as they held a bit too well and were hard to release, apart from that no problems.

Digit":366f1r1u said:
I note they are not UK based Dick, that could add substantially to the cost. One year guarantee. It's even cheaper if you simply buy the Ni-Cads and DIY.

Roy.

That an odd statement Roy, from their web site:
address.gif

Oooh! When I looked it up it stated 'we will ship to the UK!!'??

Roy.

Digit":39v3vucv said:
Oooh! When I looked it up it stated 'we will ship to the UK!!'??

Roy.
Ah I think they are trying to say they only ship to the UK and Ireland, its not worded very clearly.

That's good, I thought the county had declared itself independent of the rest of us! :lol:

Roy.

RogerS":312omy24 said:
I thought I was having a bit of deja-vu.

In this thread did you try any of those suggestions, Dick?

Nope, I chickened it. I discovered that my mate who was recommending it hadn't actually tried it, he'd been 'told about it'. I might give it a go when I have some spare batteries around.

Back