Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you need to work on your shadow puppets, the dog bottom left on the second picture needs ears.

:D

Pete

Nice stool BTW

Here's my adaptation of an Alan Peters table. Quartersawn white oak. Dye, shellac and oil finish.

Attachments

• IMG_2005.JPG
    IMG_2005.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_2007.JPG
    IMG_2007.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2011.JPG
    IMG_2011.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 144
mouppe":1twqh8fi said:
Here's my adaptation of an Alan Peters table. Quartersawn white oak. Dye, shellac and oil finish.

Outstanding =D>
Cool, classy, elegant.

mouppe":3hz7gvxy said:
A couple of months after I posted a blue Windsor stool here, I decided I didn't like it so I repainted it with a couple of coats of Windsor green. Looks much better now I think but the old blue colour pokes through here and there which is nice.

I must say I prefer the Green. The scrolls to the ends of the arms are particularly impressive.
xy

No, I got some machined American Oak.
(I didn't own a planer when I made them last year).
Sorry - not quite last thing I made, but I've not posted piccies on here before and I'm rather proud of them.

NOTTNICK":3hwazyyt said:
No, I got some machined American Oak.
(I didn't own a planer when I made them last year).
Sorry - not quite last thing I made, but I've not posted piccies on here before and I'm rather proud of them.

agree something to be proud of. Keyboard and music, what are your interests?

The gate looks to be well constructed, but if I was being picky I'd say the layout of the timbers could have been better thought through. The lower panel is constructed from 16 components, 13 of them look to be quarter sawn with a "stripey" grain pattern, and three are flat sawn with a "cathedral" grain pattern. All the boards on the left are quarter sawn and the right hand side has all of the flat sawn components. I'd have preferred it if the panel had all been made from quarter sawn stock or, if the wastage allowance wouldn't permit, then the flat sawn boards had been balanced from left to right.

I appreciate many might say this is over fussy, but the whole point of individual craftsmanship is to get these kind of details right, as opposed to the commercial alternative where boards are just thrown together in whatever order they emerge from the four sided planer. And I see you've taken care elsewhere in the gate to use quarter sawn for the stiles and flat sawn for the rails, which gives the gate a very harmonious look.

Back