Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nutmeg grinder for my daughter, who made the mistake of admiring the one I made for my wife :)
nutmeg_grinder.jpg

Attachments

• nutmeg_grinder.jpg
    nutmeg_grinder.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 441
Thanks a lot, I used 4 x 4 pine for the rails
My style is the chunky country look , the issues I had was the integrated uprights wernt level , well the bottom one was and the middles were out so when I put in the spindles I had to eye ball it as best I could because having them level made them look out, it took a bit longer than expected, a 12ft landing and 12 ft staircase

Racers":mh2i9lgj said:
Scorp photos for Doris

Its just a piece of O1 with a bevel and holes, bent cold and hardened and tempered, then screwed to a lump of shaped oak.
Next time I would leave the ends by the holes flat so it beds easer.

Its crude but works very well, you can really hog off some wood across the grain and get a nice finish with the grain.

Pete

nice that pete,
would it be called a travisher?
TT

Doris":14q80pr9 said:
JanetsBears":14q80pr9 said:
Doris":14q80pr9 said:
I take that as a compliment. It is very good cake I should add.
So you should! On examining the photo more closely, the stand looks pretty impressive - I could happily make the base and two cake supports but it would probably take weeks of roaming through woodland to find suitable pieces to join the bits together :D

Chris

Actually it's all made from kilm dried timber.

https://gracesilverwood.wordpress.com/c ... -carvings/

Just took a look at your blog. Beautiful pieces. It certainly takes an artist's eye (which I must state I unfortunately don't have) to see a tree where there are just some pieces of wood, or a nice bench "inside" a tree trunk. I'll be sure to go on visiting

G.

GLFaria":3eea4vxj said:
Just took a look at your blog. Beautiful pieces. It certainly takes an artist's eye (which I must state I unfortunately don't have) to see a tree where there are just some pieces of wood, or a nice bench "inside" a tree trunk. I'll be sure to go on visiting

G.
Thank you. Glad you enjoy seeing my work. It means a lot.

Just made this.

P1140561.JPG

No, it's not a commode :lol: #-o It's a full scale mock-up

P1140496.JPG

... for this.

P1140562.JPG

"Post a photo of the last thing you made" Think it was this unless making sawdust and noise counts.

Attachments

• DSC03454.JPG
    DSC03454.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 409
Reminds me of the explanation as to why Noah didn't do any fishing. He only had 2 worms! #-o

A couple of months after I posted a blue Windsor stool here, I decided I didn't like it so I repainted it with a couple of coats of Windsor green. Looks much better now I think but the old blue colour pokes through here and there which is nice.
a6a4deba9ee4408b2b0211a6a69af773.jpg
f83cf5fcb6296126ac6f08732edc31df.jpg
58a80fe7d317a334ca9643b794901a8e.jpg

Latest posts

Back