Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stained the chair in the last photo:
16703011613_eba56aa513_b.jpg

Then I made another one:
17158636738_79f5f0f121_b.jpg

Also, a tool holding panel next to my tablesaw with the most used tools, so I don't have to keep going to the workbench in the other side and go back and forth with tools:
17160207879_eb89ac5099_b.jpg

And if I've learned something it's always finish your shop projects too. Varnish or oil, anything will do. Makes a much nicer end result and with varnish it makes it easier to keep clean, it's worth the effort.

Some fruit I made as part of a commission from locally sourced Ash, with some walnut stems that fellow members of UK Workshop kindly donated to me recently.

devonwoody":1tr1mf1o said:
NOTTNICK":1tr1mf1o said:
No, I got some machined American Oak.
(I didn't own a planer when I made them last year).
Sorry - not quite last thing I made, but I've not posted piccies on here before and I'm rather proud of them.

agree something to be proud of. Keyboard and music, what are your interests?

I made it for my son's recording studio. There's a pair of them (mirrored).

DennisCA":1ftc8rxr said:
Stained the chair in the last photo:
16703011613_eba56aa513_b.jpg

Then I made another one:
17158636738_79f5f0f121_b.jpg

Also, a tool holding panel next to my tablesaw with the most used tools, so I don't have to keep going to the workbench in the other side and go back and forth with tools:
17160207879_eb89ac5099_b.jpg

And if I've learned something it's always finish your shop projects too. Varnish or oil, anything will do. Makes a much nicer end result and with varnish it makes it easier to keep clean, it's worth the effort.

Nice chair Dennis. I thought a couple of Adirondacks would be my next project in time for summer rolling round again. But where's the hole in the arm for the beer bottle? :)

Kitchen stools in beech turned for the legs and bars and using old kitchen worktops jointed together then shaped for the tops
IMG_2092.jpg

Cheers Mark

Attachments

• IMG_2092.jpg
    IMG_2092.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 181
Not quite the last thing I made, but here's Workbench Mk2. Still need to put a shelf in across the stretchers:

E12A40B7-C401-4063-B0B1-8AA5B4912554-1099-000001E919D95DC4.jpg

Also not the last thing I made, but the last thing I have a photo of. Dad bought a new pump for his water feature, and needed an adapter to fit the existing hose:

DC125A9E-6E08-465A-ABAD-78F254668CBE-4328-00000B4744843967.jpg

Just made this tool cabinet in oak and cherry. Not quite finished - the shelves at the bottom will have drawers (eventually!). I am happy in that I now have better storage for my tools but to be honest I'm not very happy with the quality of work :cry: As my teacher would say 'Could do better'. I rushed it rather and kept making stupid errors, hope they don't show up too much on the pics.

Cheers, Froggy

The only error I can see is that you haven't left much space for more tools! :)

Thanks guys, very kind. I'll give a couple away: the doors don't close properly. It's the first time I've used this type of hinge and made a mess of it, need to redo that; you can't see it on these photo's but there are hinge recesses on the right hand side of the right hand door because I fitted the chisel holders upside down and had to turn the door over! There are a couple more but I'm not giving them all away!!!

Back