Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dejaa":5xiimi2z said:
Sycamore bookcase to fill entire wall 3Mtrs x 2.4Mts high. Built in 4 sections. The infill panels in the baser are from Ash.

Can't you take a better pic than that? It looks amazing even with the less than great photos. Nice job.

I love this thread.

morfa":cb0be42c said:
dejaa":cb0be42c said:
Sycamore bookcase to fill entire wall 3Mtrs x 2.4Mts high. Built in 4 sections. The infill panels in the baser are from Ash.

Can't you take a better pic than that? It looks amazing even with the less than great photos. Nice job.

dejaa":cb0be42c said:
I did, the original photographs were 4000 x 2248 and something like 11MB!! after I resized it and reduced it to fit below the required 1024pixels I ended up with the images posted. I'll have a look at providing a hyperlink to access the originals, which also includes several at different stages of productions. In meantime thank you for your comments. [/quote="dejaa"]

I love this thread.

dejaa said:
I did, the original photographs were 4000 x 2248 and something like 11MB!! after I resized it and reduced it to fit below the required 1024pixels I ended up with the images posted. I'll have a look at providing a hyperlink to access the originals, which also includes several at different stages of productions. In meantime thank you for your comments. [/quote="dejaa"]

I'd love to see that. I'd like to do something similar in my library, so the more inspiration the better. It looks like you've done an excellent job there. Somewhere like Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/

or photobucket is good for that sort of thing:

http://photobucket.com/

morfa":26fsdpz8 said:
dejaa":26fsdpz8 said:

I'd love to see that. I'd like to do something similar in my library, so the more inspiration the better. It looks like you've done an excellent job there. Somewhere like Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/

or photobucket is good for that sort of thing:

http://photobucket.com/

dejaa said:
just added a photobucket signature link to my page, not all comments edited yet. [/quote="dejaa"]

Not quite the last thing I made. A carved house number in yew.

The yew has a bit of a story behind it. It is a section of Yew that fell in the storms of 1990. I was at forestry college and driving home in my old VW Beetle came across a tree blocking the road. I had my chainsaw with me (as you do) and cleared the road, but couldn't let the wood go to waste. So I measured the exact width of the Beetle's rear seat and cut the maximum sized piece of wood that would fit. When I go home I cut the log into planks and these were stored in my Dad's shed to season. Years later I was in need of some new shelves for some books and remembered the gorgeous wany edged yew planks I'd stored. Luckily my Dad hadn't used them in the meantime. This house number is made from an offcut from the book shelves.

This is actually the last thing I made. A rustic warning sign made from a roughly split Birch log with the images burnt on using my Peter Childs pyrography machine.

Spoon!

My latest hand made spoon made from a cherry log with a Bandsaw spokeshaves (Millers Falls Cigar and home made Hock blade spokeshave) a gouge was used for the bowl and a knife, no sandpaper was used, finished with Boiled Linseed Oil and wax. It took about 3 hours to make.
I used my Lensbaby Edge 80 with the 8mm extension tube to angle the plain of focus across the picture so both ends of the spoon are in focus.

Spoon! by maddpete, on Flickr

Possibly, possibly not. :shock: :D

Can't seem to stick them in any thing wet!

Pete

Finished yesterday , a 6'6" extending to 8ft soilid oak table and bench (bought the chairs seperatley)
made entirely from sleepers finished in wax and oil wax
The extension has 2 steel arms that slot though the end rails
The whole set weights over 150kg
This project nearly did me in !!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 253
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 253
Were those new or reclaimed sleepers and were they softwood or hardwood? I'm thinking of making some outdoor furniture and am unsure which is better/easier to work with.

Thanks guys :)
They are new solid oak sleepers
It's great to work with but as I say it's very heavy so lifting is a 2-4 man job

Put a vise on that table and some dog holes and you got a solid workbench. Might not be that good for eating off then however...

Still working on my workshop. Sorry about the bad lighting, I don't have any proper electrics in the shop yet, everything is powered with an extension cord and I broke two lamps this week.

Shelves, Matthias Wandel design:
15809853015_8af4594772_c.jpg

Started on a french cleat system, boards I am using might be a bit on the small side, but I have so much of this lumber for free that I want to use it. Been considering laminating two boards but I don't have the tools to laminate such long boards. Only a few hangers so far. I will make another hanger for the chisels.
15190407333_798167e80b_c.jpg

15624031239_750fd931a3_c.jpg

So far I've learned I should use a longer supporting piece on the front of the cleat. I might make future cleats from 18mm plywood instead of this lumber, I think it's more durable. I might also put in more rows between the ones I got already.

I decided to remove some old cupboards from my workshop and build some new wall cupboards. Made some french cleats to hang them up and they are working out a charm!

Just need to add some cupboard doors which will be donated when we do up our kitchen.

15786900986_4aea2757d4_b.jpg

Made a sweet dispenser with my middle daughter (10) for her junior D of E award.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416258465.899053.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416258465.899053.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416258465.899053.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 223

Latest posts

Back