Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, I'm doing OK 🤪🤪
It's been nice to sit and create from paper, it's been a long time since I last made anything, have a few more floral pieces to do as easter gifts for the girls at work.
I promised my headteacher I'd have him in tears by the end of term, if these done work ill have to kick him in the brazils 😂🥴😂

On my garden theme this week, I needed some trellis to replace tired old ones, made from Oak off cuts, I used my domino machine to cut the holes in the verticals to accept the horizontals, and made a batch of 10mm domi profiles to suit.

trellis 1.jpgtrellis 2.jpg

Debating whether to paint the wall...

Painting the wall, well I certainly wouldn’t, next to impossible to repaint around the vegetation, will show all the mud splashes from rain, plus algae will show green here and there etc etc.
I had a rendered and painted White House once, never again!
Nice trellis btw.

Painting the wall, well I certainly wouldn’t, next to impossible to repaint around the vegetation, will show all the mud splashes from rain, plus algae will show green here and there etc etc.
I had a rendered and painted White House once, never again!
Nice trellis btw.
We have white walls at school, I use a product called wet and forget a couple times a year to prevent algae growth and staining, works very well but is expensive.

Finally finished, a gift for my headteacher who is leaving at Easter, one of my other hobbies is papercraft, there are many birds and animals around school that I've made, whilst looking to see if there was anything new here https://creativepark.canon/en/index.html I came across a file for a bouquet of flowers and had the thought of getting every child in school to write their name on a petal, having 426 children that meant I needed to print the file twice and upscale it to A3 instead of A4 to make them big enough for the kids to write on, this also meant I needed to use cardstock instead of paper so the flowers stems would support the weight of the flowers making it a little harder to cut some parts out, combined with the vase I turned I'm very happy with the outcome
View attachment 177642View attachment 177643View attachment 177644View attachment 177645View attachment 177646View attachment 177647
What a unique idea, beautifully created, which the Head Teacher will treasure and will recall many of the children with fond memories over the ensuing years, as well as your thoughtfulness and skill in creating every petal and flower, and the vase too. Really well done.

Finally finished, a gift for my headteacher who is leaving at Easter, one of my other hobbies is papercraft, there are many birds and animals around school that I've made, whilst looking to see if there was anything new here https://creativepark.canon/en/index.html I came across a file for a bouquet of flowers and had the thought of getting every child in school to write their name on a petal, having 426 children that meant I needed to print the file twice and upscale it to A3 instead of A4 to make them big enough for the kids to write on, this also meant I needed to use cardstock instead of paper so the flowers stems would support the weight of the flowers making it a little harder to cut some parts out, combined with the vase I turned I'm very happy with the outcome
View attachment 177642View attachment 177643View attachment 177644View attachment 177645View attachment 177646View attachment 177647
Stig your talent’s never ceases to amaze me. I hope you are in a better place now my wife sends her regards

Stig your talent’s never ceases to amaze me. I hope you are in a better place now my wife sends her regards
Thanks Mick 😁
Kinda OK at the minute, SWMBO and I had a short talk, don't want to overwhelm her, just waiting a few days to see if anything changes before I press the issue again.
My best to your lovely wife, how are her willow wands doing? Mine are only just starting to show signs of life.

Thanks Mick 😁
Kinda OK at the minute, SWMBO and I had a short talk, don't want to overwhelm her, just waiting a few days to see if anything changes before I press the issue again.
My best to your lovely wife, how are her willow wands doing? Mine are only just starting to show signs of life.
How about doing it with her, sharing the burden leads to progress. Talking to her might result in resentment...
That's how I felt when my wife would tell me I ought to be doing something.....

Last edited:
How about Doug it with her, sharing the burden leads to progress. Talking to her my resist in resentment...
That's how I felt when my wife would tell me I ought to be doing something.....
I will do it with her but she needs to start it, she is very protective/possessive and even if I start pulling stuff out ready to sort through she will go mad and then uses it later as a reason for not being able to find something, it always has to be on her terms and that's part of the reason I struggle as much as I do, I have no control over any of it at all beyond asking her to leave and take it all with her. Things are going to be very tense over the next week as I've just had a letter stating that the academy will be carrying out landlord inspection on Thursday next week, they really won't see much.

Some photos of the paper animals around school, the grid was a gift for the headteacher 5 years ago, our classes are named after animals starting at year R butterflies and ladybirds, year 1 puffins and robins, year 2 rabbits and chipmunks, year 3 koalas and penguins, year 4 sharks and crocodiles, year 5 zebras and giraffes and finally year 6 lions and tigers
20240318_182350.jpg20240318_182407.jpg20240318_182434.jpg20240318_182504.jpg20240318_182511.jpg20240318_182600.jpg20240318_182608.jpg

Some photos of the paper animals around school, the grid was a gift for the headteacher 5 years ago, our classes are named after animals starting at year R butterflies and ladybirds, year 1 puffins and robins, year 2 rabbits and chipmunks, year 3 koalas and penguins, year 4 sharks and crocodiles, year 5 zebras and giraffes and finally year 6 lions and tigers
View attachment 177766View attachment 177767View attachment 177768View attachment 177769View attachment 177770View attachment 177771View attachment 177772
You made them?? Wow!❤️

I will do it with her but she needs to start it, she is very protective/possessive and even if I start pulling stuff out ready to sort through she will go mad and then uses it later as a reason for not being able to find something, it always has to be on her terms and that's part of the reason I struggle as much as I do, I have no control over any of it at all beyond asking her to leave and take it all with her. Things are going to be very tense over the next week as I've just had a letter stating that the academy will be carrying out landlord inspection on Thursday next week, they really won't see much.
Not easy, I can imagine my sister being exactly like that if you suggested likewise, she lost a son 10 years ago and the hoarding began about then irrc.

Finished off a panelling job in a customers kitchen today, this banquette seating was part of it, everything is going to be painted dark green, quite a brave choice but I think it will look great.

Banquette seating.jpg

Decorator starts tomorrow, I will post some more photos when it's all finished.

A simple thing that took way way way too long to make, we had a new screen and mobile trolley set up last week but the IT department decided not to include a laptop shelf in the package because it was too expensive (I looked on the website and it was £48 including VAT) the headteacher and I thought about just buying it but to fit it I would need to take the trolley apart as it fits into it as its built so I said I could make one, using an old sheet of aluminium from an old display I cut and shaped the brackets, removing the white powder coat took forever but I got it done, sanded the brackets smooth with some 80grit paper, the top is 2 sheets of 12mm ply glued and screwed together with an old drawer handle to stop the laptop slipping off, its far from perfect but I'm pretty happy with it and the staff will like it when they find it tomorrow.
20240321_180858.jpg20240321_182331.jpg20240321_182338.jpg20240321_182347.jpg

View attachment 177766View attachment 177767View attachment 177768View attachment 177769View attachment 177770View attachment 177771View attachment 177772
Those are really incredible.

Chessboard Table. Mainly Iroko & Oak, board is Maple & Albizia.

Too many mistakes to list, but should last a couple of weeks/months before it falls apart! 😂😂

Attachments

• IMG_20240321_135535.jpg
    IMG_20240321_135535.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240321_135419.jpg
    IMG_20240321_135419.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240223_132043.jpg
    IMG_20240223_132043.jpg
    9.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231212_135442.jpg
    IMG_20231212_135442.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240321_135214.jpg
    IMG_20240321_135214.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231226_140254.jpg
    IMG_20231226_140254.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231217_135944.jpg
    IMG_20231217_135944.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231217_121601.jpg
    IMG_20231217_121601.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Working lately on wall and floor cabinets for my shop. Both are a work-in-progress...
The wall cabinet (top two pics) has only the right-hand door completed to date.
I then interrupted this project to build the floor cabinet below in order to open-up some room and de-clutter the shop. The design for the floor cabinet is borrowed from a recent "Fine Woodworking®" magazine article.
I have a lot of 1 inch thick half sheets of plywood that were used for shipping apple juice from Canada. The plywood is of a low-quality core, with many voids, but good-enough for cabinets, and very strong. I bought about sixty half-sheets for $1 each many years ago. I stored them in my wood shed until recently. I am using-up all my accumulated scrap wood!
I hope to build some drawers for the floor cabinet today... :)
01 Plane Cabinet Doors Closed dsc03073.jpg

01 OPEN DOOR dsc03070.jpg

01 Floor Cabinets dsc03137.jpg

01 Floor Cabinet Done dsc03140.jpg

Back