Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1707112046494.png
1707112111992.png

Triptych mirror in cherry with walnut “keystones”, modelled on the viaduct I can see from the workshop window.

A modest effort compared to some of the brilliant work showcased recently, but here's my latest litle project.

A fruitless effort to organise the clutter drawer under the hob. 3mm ply which IIRC was packing material for an order of veneered MDF circa 20 years ago.
An individual after my own heart....No phone can be discarded....Every key has a purpose and no doubt it will be established what that is the second I give up on it, ergo it can never be thrown out.

Lovely bit of organisation of your drawer of shame.

Moravian Stool in Beech. Traditional milk paint and homemade soft wax. First piece of staked furniture
How's the stability of the stool? I made a similar side table a few years back, likely 100-150mm taller than your stool, and it had a real tendency to vibrate or dance across the solid floor if knocked.

How's the stability of the stool? I made a similar side table a few years back, likely 100-150mm taller than your stool, and it had a real tendency to vibrate or dance across the solid floor if knocked.

Not that ive noticed, not saying it won't though!

One of those projects that remained on my desk, partly finished, for most of last year -

A sloping reamer for the leg holes in chair seats. The added refinements are, that it aligns itself in a pre drilled hole, and there is a small amount of adjustment to the blade using a pair of Allen screws,

IMG_4221_1en.jpg

Nothing exotic but took me ages to do. A simple plinth for my coffee machine with a serving tray underneath. All made from offcuts. For the amount of work involved, I wish I'd gone and bought some better timber. But at least the tray is light!
IMG_1403.jpeg

After the worktop was templated, I asked them to bring the offcuts with them. More junk to store!
IMG_1404.jpeg
IMG_1405.jpeg
IMG_1406.jpeg

Nylon pads at each corner so it doesn't stick, and the internals of the box are a snug fit.
The kitchen stays remarkably tidy, influenced by HWMBO! I wish I could say the same about the workshop... but I do have good intentions.
IMG_1395.jpg

The work surface here is a cover that goes over the Kity when not in use. The blade doesn't quite retract all the way, so there's a little channel routed out underneath.

Just recently I seem to be getting awkward jobs this one is no different, I changed 3 doors & frames on a landing last year it left the spare room door & frame which for some strange reason was lower than the other 3. So back in January I got a call asking if I could change the 4th & make it the same height as the others.

I wasn’t looking forward to taking it out as it’s an old house & I presumed there was a good reason for the door being lower, as it turned out there wasn’t 🤷‍♂️

17E7BB06-7690-4B0A-BA8A-44DA34E96673.jpeg

The plasterwork above the door was lath & plaster & the interior of the room had been over skimmed neither of which made moving the stud work up any easier.

59EDE6BB-7E34-47CF-B481-0C36E6EE72ED.jpeg

but the casing eventually went in & I could plaster up.

9B881716-AF06-4E5B-809C-81FE70C3500E.jpeg

Door finally hung.

B8A074E6-5804-46BE-A9C0-8F7F45EF7EF9.jpeg

Room skirted, architraved & new rad fitted, the MFT top that I made back in December that clips onto my systainers really comes in handy on confined jobs like this plus it’s just big enough to put the chop saw on.

Don’t suppose you know what you’re going to find doing a job like that Doug, turned out well though, I’m just guessing the client was young from looking at it.
Ian

Don’t suppose you know what you’re going to find doing a job like that Doug, turned out well though, I’m just guessing the client was young from looking at it.
Ian
Yeah the young son & daughter in law of a site manager mate which is helpful as he doesn’t want quotes I just do the job & put my bill in which works out cheaper for them.

Prototypes for a pair of sash moulders, based on a pair of Griffiths planes, in pine to avoid wasting expensive beech blanks. …. I do believe it might actually have worked. The #1 planes (left) have the ovolo very slightly wider and very slightly shallower than the #2 planes (right). The difference is in the order of 1/32”.

Unfortunately I made my profile mother plane the wrong way around, so it cuts against the grain. So that’ll need to be re-done. I think I deserve a cup of tea.

IMG_4704.jpeg

IMG_4705.jpeg
image.jpg

Back