Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was very much a no frills build, holder for my Japanese saws, need to find somewhere else to mount it as it takes up a lot of room, but at least give me some storage for them.
PXL_20230725_182949873.jpg

Don't worry that's how Derek does it in Aussie!🤣🤣🤣

Ps if you want to copy someone - Derek's your man - look up some if his work!

I'd think the wood down the centre could be a liability if going down the steps and not paying 100% attention.
Yes - I wondered that but with a 900 span the deck boards would deflect without but now it is in I realise I didn’t need as much structural support as I thought so May cut the triangles away

next step is some handrails 🤦‍♂️

Another box build but this one actually has a purpose ha.

Been wanting to make myself a knock box for a while now.

I had originally planned on covering the cross bar with a silicone tube.
However when I came to drill the holes in the side for the cross bar I drilled them for the larger dowels I had, which the silicone tubing doesn't fit over. So we'll see how well it holds up.

The insides are finished with polyurethane for extra protection and then some Odies Oil which is becoming my favourite finish as it applies easy and smells nice. The outside is just Odies Oil.

Really happy with how this turned out, think for the next one going to go with something other than mitre joints.View attachment 162647View attachment 162648View attachment 162649
I. like that, very nice.

You could have reinforced the undersides along their length.
I did that on the sides with 2x2” but I see that your suggestion would have been easier

never made steps before so a learning curve working with 8x2” that I had rather than buying 12x2” which may have been better

Latest posts

Back