Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick
just grow/keep Cactus and Succulants.....

View attachment 161732
Two of mine out for the summer -
IMG0076A - Copy.jpg

Wanted to make a dovetail box but never used the UJK jig before so decided to make a smaller test project first.
Struggled to figure out the best way to add a bottom to the box.
I did consider doing a stopped groove, but didn't have a router bit small enough for the plywood base I wanted to use. Granted could have gone with a thicker base.
In the end I used a combination of a plough plane and a router plane to make a rebate for the base to fit into, I'd already glued everything up at this point which made things a bit trickier.
The handle, yeah lets not talk about the handle, I hate it, ran out idea's when it came to that ha.
PXL_20230705_145004701~2.jpg
PXL_20230705_145111302~2.jpg

Some wonky cupboards!

Customer wanted cupboards and shelves in some alcoves and were keen for them to look like they had always been there. The alcoves are out of level (the right side one by 20mm) so I had to make the units and shelves out of square and out of level to match so everything lined through. I ground some cutters for the spindle moulder so I could copy the mouldings and sourced some stick on type decorative trim for the shelves to match the mantle shelf. Usual Tulipwood and MR MDF construction.

Tried to post a couple of full size images and some as thumbnails to keep the photo police happy :)

Before

Wonky alcove 1.jpg

After

wonky alcove 5.jpg

Some details

wonky alcove 6.jpg

wonky alcove 8.jpgwonky alcove 9.jpg

wonky alcove 11.jpg

I can say no more other than as well as my love for pallet wood, eating too many marshmallows and drinking fanta washed down with americanos ( no wonder Im mental ) my latest project for my camper

Attachments

• sample pic00005-min.png
    sample pic00005-min.png
    910.5 KB · Views: 0
Another box build. For this one I made the base over sizer and cut a rebet around the edge for the box to sit on. This fit's not quite perfect, used the router table and took off a tiny bit too much. Next time I'll cut short and refine with a plane.
The lid was very much an after thought and hadn't planed on using that wood for it. If I had I think I might have used the same wood for the base to tie things together a bit more.
Trying to improve on my photogrpahy skill too.
PXL_20230710_150536798~3.jpg
PXL_20230710_150726302~2.jpg
PXL_20230710_150912013~2.jpg

Also been making other toys - made this rocking dolls crib for a goddaughter for her 2nd birthday... my wife made the fabric innards and doll was bought... :)
made from quarter sawn oak as the initial ash I bought kept warping... oak was bought from the quarter sawn oak company Quarter Sawn Oak - Quarter Sawn Oak Company who were fantastically helpful - even though my order was small, they confirmed details - cut it to close to size (easier to post) and then added a free piece as well! Will definitely be going back there and would recommend them to others...

Photo 24-06-2023, 14 40 41.jpgPhoto 24-06-2023, 14 41 26.jpgPhoto 24-06-2023, 14 41 29.jpg

Another box build but this one actually has a purpose ha.

Been wanting to make myself a knock box for a while now.

I had originally planned on covering the cross bar with a silicone tube.
However when I came to drill the holes in the side for the cross bar I drilled them for the larger dowels I had, which the silicone tubing doesn't fit over. So we'll see how well it holds up.

The insides are finished with polyurethane for extra protection and then some Odies Oil which is becoming my favourite finish as it applies easy and smells nice. The outside is just Odies Oil.

Really happy with how this turned out, think for the next one going to go with something other than mitre joints.
Hero.jpg
Side.jpg
Top.jpg

Latest posts

Back