Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Matt Simpson01 Looks good for your third project. Well done. Interesting idea but doesn't hold enough bottles for me, hic! 😁🥂 cheers.
Have fun.
Martin

If you need more storage space you aren’t drinking them fast enough
I was actually waiting for someone to say that the light will affect the red wine, and was going to reply that it wont last long enough to go bad.

* Actually, if you look closely, all those bottles are empty :sneaky::unsure:

well, that's the rear end of the trailer completed and structurally sound even ran my mobility scooter into it which was my main important design. The loose frame is just to be secured properly at correct angles etc and more precise than held together with a couple of brads, but I just don't have the space in my little shed. Next, I have to organize my sliding bunk bed that will raise into the recess of the roof and only needs to be lowered to sleep on, my foldable table sofa bed settee is complete but all wrapped up and just to be stained and finished, the easy part now sides and front. The front I have to finalize when the bunk bed is done to see how aerodynamic I can make the roof curved front. OK I have had to sway from the teardrop design that the project derived from, but instead of the original 8 x 5ft dimension floor area it's now 8 x 4, will sleep 2 and hold the mobility scooter when traveling. The heating is sorted, solar power sorted, array deep cycle batteries totaling 300 amps which is plenty sorted for my coffee machine and ice cube maker LOL, so building it from inside outwards was a very good decision in the end up. Budget spent so far on what you see is at £50 , nall from pallet wood and rubbish people dump. So their loss and ignorance is my gain.
here is how it stands at the moment

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxzLDmIg-edlNa7jRG8DXcTPSdsytPTeBf
and with the ramp

https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkxaw6e5wyZHukNRq6VLJprRExYejPwQMG3

Just made myself a wine rack lamp.
Seen the design of the wine rack on Youtube, so just guessed the dimensions and thought it may look good with lights shining through the bottles, so bought some online.
Its about 95% finished, just a bit to do to hide the wiring, put some foam inside (so the bottles are not directly on the wood) and sand the back board.
The foam will also raise the bottles and stop them moving around, so should create a better seal where the lights are.

Its only the third thing i have made, so be gentle.

View attachment 159735

View attachment 159736

I think it looks great , I came across one similar on a web site that they were promoting as rustic pallet wood and they were asking for £140 for it and yours looks better. I like the way bottle is supported at the front and exits from the side, I may just use you idea for my camper trailer build for bottles of Pop LOL ( as I dont Drink ) . good well done ! :)

I think it looks great , I came across one similar on a web site that they were promoting as rustic pallet wood and they were asking for £140 for it and yours looks better. I like the way bottle is supported at the front and exits from the side, I may just use you idea for my camper trailer build for bottles of Pop LOL ( as I dont Drink ) . good well done ! :)
Thanks.
Would be interesting to know where the similar one was.
Mine is made out of pallet wood too. There is a guy local to me who had a few pieces of hardwood taken from pallets that looked fairly new, so i bought and used these.
The lights cost me £17, but also had to buy a 90mm hole cutter.
By all means pinch my idea, after all i only pinched it myself.

Here is another side on view.

IMG_9327.JPG

I have now sanded it a little more and hidden the wiring inside. I have also bought and put in some foam to rest the bottles on so they dont move around and allows them to sit closer to the lights, which makes it feel a lot more better quality.

Thanks.
Mine is made out of pallet wood too. There is a guy local to me who had a few pieces of hardwood taken from pallets that looked fairly new, so i bought and used these.

View attachment 159759

I have now sanded it a little more and hidden the wiring inside. I have also bought and put in some foam to rest the bottles on so they dont move around and allows them to sit closer to the lights, which makes it feel a lot more better quality.
I cant find it , but have a look at these ones ...... Pallet Wine Rack - Etsy UK

Thanks.

View attachment 159759

You know I find the simpler designs with gentle curves just work the best with pallet wood on any project, see my link re the wine racks

(Ugly alert!) Had to do this on the driveway because I just have no space! I bashed together this garden plant-pot stand. It's made from the remains of the garden shed so it was never going to be pretty, but I also wasn't really expecting the design to work very well, if at all, so it's even rougher than it might have been. Turns out it's ok!

Attachments

• IMG_20230524_165746.jpg
    IMG_20230524_165746.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230524_165708.jpg
    IMG_20230524_165708.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
Well haven't made anything, but going too. My wood supplier texted me and said I have a couple blocks of wood about 10" cubed. Might you be interested!

Attachments

• 7F5CB354-C171-457D-89E5-13334C8647F6.jpeg
    7F5CB354-C171-457D-89E5-13334C8647F6.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • EA5F9885-0141-4A70-84CD-A1DF867787CF.jpeg
    EA5F9885-0141-4A70-84CD-A1DF867787CF.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Impressively tight joins for something that is not square, a marking up nightmare I would expect!

It's not too bad if you have decent, well set up machinery as all the angles are the same. Not much marking out really, for the doors it was just cut the stiles and rails so they are a tight fit in the opening, domino and glue them together then trim about 1mm off all round for clearance.

Back