Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knocked together a very rough and ready plywood storage rack. Trying to get a handle on the mess 😅
PXL_20230218_162649879.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230218_162649879.jpg
    PXL_20230218_162649879.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
They are panels to window reveals 2 sides, top and a seat which is solid. I have 20 windows on the ground floor and they are all different...Such is old houses with windows through the ages.

I don't envy you measuring them all up individually. I bet they'll look really impressive once you have them all fitted.

I'm wrestling with a bigger project but needed some distraction as well as more practice planing different wood so made a marking gauge holder (iroku and mahogany) from some of the bits the stock was from bench slats for the bigger project.

its simply made -I'll make refined versions (like everything else in the workshop) as I progress with skill and experience I had wanted to do through splined mortise joints for the legs but chickened oot. maybe next time now I got a proper chisel!

IMG-20230221-WA0008.jpeg

8 barrel nuts and bolts made for the desk I’m building. Made from 25mm stainless bar, threaded to M10 and stainless bolts. Brushed finish on the belt sander. Thought I had bitten of more than I could chew after the first cut took 25mins, but new hacksaw blades and it was just 5mins per cut, phew. Must say I quite like a bit of metalwork, hmm where could I fit a lathe?
6E4688C5-A5D5-4271-BDB3-CC0C93C1C0F2.jpeg

29B522D1-2A18-4846-8C12-31D95F31ACAA.jpeg

Fitz.

Hanging some doors today, don't know if it was luck or good judgement by someone (not me) but this one literally missed the sloping ceiling by 2mm :cool: Anyone who has done similar knows how tricky jobs like this can be, very easy to take a chunk out of the ceiling when lifting the door in and out etc.

corner door 1.jpg

Whoever hung the previous door obviously didn't think it would miss the ceiling and just guessed how much it might need cutting off. The customer was happy to see the back of this, as you can imagine it did look ridiculous, especially when it was closed with the big gap in the corner 🤣🤣🤣

corner door 2.jpg

Hanging some doors today, don't know if it was luck or good judgement by someone (not me) but this one literally missed the sloping ceiling by 2mm :cool: Anyone who has done similar knows how tricky jobs like this can be, very easy to take a chunk out of the ceiling when lifting the door in and out etc.

View attachment 154070

Whoever hung the previous door obviously didn't think it would miss the ceiling and just guessed how much it might need cutting off. The customer was happy to see the back of this, as you can imagine it did look ridiculous, especially when it was closed with the big gap in the corner 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 154071
Oh I cut the corner off!!🤣🤣🤣

8 barrel nuts and bolts made for the desk I’m building. Made from 25mm stainless bar, threaded to M10 and stainless bolts. Brushed finish on the belt sander. Thought I had bitten of more than I could chew after the first cut took 25mins, but new hacksaw blades and it was just 5mins per cut, phew. Must say I quite like a bit of metalwork, hmm where could I fit a lathe?
View attachment 153951
View attachment 153952

Fitz.

Obviously you need an angle grinder, but what craftsperson doesnt have one of them.
These angle grinder stands cost only 20 quid and are a godsend. I'd a load of brass tubing to cut into specific sized sections. - Try cutting that stuff straight by hand ....Nightmare.
Bought this and breezed through all the cuts, all square and accurate.

Angle grinder stand.jpg

Back