Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stig
when our kids were at school in the UK my wife and I made and sold cakes at the craft fair....
our prob was never enough loaf tins...hahaha
I hope u do well.......

Stig
when our kids were at school in the UK my wife and I made and sold cakes at the craft fair....
our prob was never enough loaf tins...hahaha
I hope u do well.......
Thanks clogs, everyone I know seems to think I will sell out, I seem to be the only one that doesn't think so 🤪🤪🤪 maybe I'm just being a little more realistic 🤔

any left overs u can put on ur's or the schools Christmas tree.....no loss........

I keep promising myself to make a few of these for personal use.....
a lot of effort and would have to be expensive to cover time....hence just for me....
found them in California 40 years ago.....cant remember how much tho....

any left overs u can put on ur's or the schools Christmas tree.....no loss........

I keep promising myself to make a few of these for personal use.....
a lot of effort and would have to be expensive to cover time....hence just for me....
found them in California 40 years ago.....cant remember how much tho....
The tree decorations I do expect to sell out of, they only take a few minutes to shape and rough sand but no way I'm gonna have time to make enough for everyone as well as some nice bowls/pots/vases etc, with 420+ pupils plus parents and family we can easily have 1000 bodies pass through and the pta have started advertising that I will have a stall (I'm a bit of celebrity among the children) so they will all probably come want one of the decorations which is why I'm trying to churn out as many as I can and will price them at £1 and £1.50, I have 86 so far and still have to do a final sanding of the parted off part, add eyelets and ribbon/string, think I may need to get SWMBO involved to earn her keep 😀

3 coat lime work on home made oak lath, with local sand and locally produced lime.....Good enough for company work and ready for coloured limewash after a final trowelling off.

It might even be finished for Christmas, which will keep the boss happy.

IMG_1218.JPG

Processed a dozen or so lengths of pallet wood into blanks to make more Xmas tree decorations, all the lengths are between 1.2m and 3m, all cut into 200mm lengths,, mostly 2x4 or 3x4, the 2x4 needs resawing to 2x2 on the bandsaw but I'll do that in smaller batches as I turn, tesco crates make useful storage containers 😁😁
20221113_141505.jpg

Managed fit this ( the lengths above the bbq) into these
20221113_162023.jpg

Made quite a mess in the school carpark too 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Processed a dozen or so lengths of pallet wood into blanks to make more Xmas tree decorations, all the lengths are between 1.2m and 3m, all cut into 200mm lengths,, mostly 2x4 or 3x4, the 2x4 needs resawing to 2x2 on the bandsaw but I'll do that in smaller batches as I turn, tesco crates make useful storage containers 😁😁
View attachment 147186
Managed fit this ( the lengths above the bbq) into these
View attachment 147187
Made quite a mess in the school carpark too 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
It looks like you need a shopping trolley!
A lot of saw dust in your extension lead.

Today I made my largest effort on my CNC router. So large I had to keep the door open - very noisy, ear defenders on.

P1170355.JPG
P1170357.JPG

It's the escape wheel for my latest clock project. It's made form my own plywood fabricated out of oak veneer.
It was cut in 3 sections being indexed around a central brass pin. The positioning brass pin can be seen to the left of the centre pin.
Lesson learnt - when cutting sequential repeating patterns like this, make sure the start/finish point is out in the wastewood otherwise this sort of thing might happen:-

P1170357 (2).JPG

Brian

The other half was away with the doggos yesterday and last night so I took advantage and spent all afternoon between work shifts and all evening up untill 11:30 last night churning out as many baubles as I could, I now have a bucket full of 100 lightbulb/teardrop shape completed ready for eyelets and string and a tray of 35 tree shapes finished ready to drill and thread with string, only another 65 to go then 100 icicle shapes and possibly some snowman shapes too, I will probably go slightly insane by the time I'm done 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
20221114_230410.jpg
20221114_234151.jpg

SWMBO spent yesterday and last night at a friend's and she took the dogs with her giving me free reign to spend all my time in the makerspace churning out more Christmas tree decorations, I've not done too bad I now have 100 lightbulb/teardrop shapes and 100 tree shapes all finished ready to attach thread/ribbon. Eyelets arrived today and they are a lot smaller than I was expecting, possibly too small 😥
20221115_221516.jpg

Back