Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bunk bed book shelves for my nephew's for Christmas.

File%2021-12-2015%2C%2008%2023%2042.jpeg

Cheers
Mark

Just getting used to my new Delta ...

Attachments

• 100_4662a.jpg
    100_4662a.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 194
My first furniture build... And not a very good one.

Tried mortise and tenons in pine but it was a mess so just stuck to pocket holes... Even so it's out of square on every axis.

Made from Sapele and Oak... The top will be oak too.

0BwbTw.jpg

cemKXY.jpg

CRVpfr.jpg

And some candle holders

Beech and Unknown.

6Welvd.jpg

Walnut and Maple.

jhFJp2.jpg

8squared":2d70hy2e said:
My first furniture build... And not a very good one.

Tried mortise and tenons in pine but it was a mess so just stuck to pocket holes... Even so it's out of square on every axis.

Most of us wouldn't post pics of our first attempts.
Don't you worry about it mate, fair play for having the balls to post it. Anyway, it don't look bad for a first time =D>
Like my Grandfather would say "those that do nothing are the only ones who don't f*** up", and he was a wise man :wink:

Very true.
I find the simplest things are the hardest to make. Lots of fancy mouldings and details hide the mistakes,...
better to make something and learn from it than not attempt to make it at all.

bowl gav.jpg

Made this at the weekend either spalted chestnut or Sycamore

Attachments

• bowl gav.jpg
    bowl gav.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 186
  • bowl2 gav.jpg
    bowl2 gav.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 140
This is a tractor and trailer for my 4 year old grand-daughter, finished just in time for Xmas :ho2 . It's about 13" long overall, made of sycamore. There are no fasteners of any kind, it's just wood, glue and paint - and yes, the wheels do go round :) .

Attachments

• tractor.jpg
    tractor.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 101
I live in rural Wales and I've never seen a tractor that shiny before, it looks great.

WoodMangler":ey8flr0i said:
NazNomad":ey8flr0i said:
I live in rural Wales and I've never seen a tractor that shiny before, it looks great.
Thanks, and seen only at vintage shows :D . I suspect we're not far apart, I'm near Lampeter.

Bronant.

Very nice! I know next to nothing about scroll saws, are the facial features etc actually cuts?

JSW":2ar0llb5 said:
Very nice! I know next to nothing about scroll saws, are the facial features etc actually cuts?

Yes, every line is a saw cut (apart from the dark bit at the top of the front leg, that was a void in the rubbish ply I was using) :-D

Thanks for the reply, now I want a scroll saw, are Screwfix still open I wonder?

Merry Christmas all!

The various christmas presents before being dispatched:

2015-12-13 11.16.28-smaller.jpg

Naz & Woodmangler - I went to uni at Lampeter, quite a few of my mates still live in the area.

Attachments

• 2015-12-13 11.16.28-smaller.jpg
    2015-12-13 11.16.28-smaller.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 209
Back