Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little hollow thingy from 'unknown' wood.

hollow1.jpg

I went back and rounded off all the corners with a spokeshave, here's the completed stool finished with de-waxed shellac.

Attachments

• kidney-stool-1.jpg
    kidney-stool-1.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 307
  • kidney-stool-2.jpg
    kidney-stool-2.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 307
  • kidney-stool-3.jpg
    kidney-stool-3.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 307
  • kidney-stool-4.jpg
    kidney-stool-4.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 307
  • kidney-stool-5.jpg
    kidney-stool-5.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 307
Cordy":2vw5kedi said:
Super craftsmanship there Naz
What are the dimensions ?

5½'' across x 3'' high, it's all I had left after turning a grand-canyon-type split out of the blank log. :-D

thetyreman":3n2n9lvn said:
I went back and rounded off all the corners with a spokeshave, here's the completed stool finished with de-waxed shellac.

Excellent work, that'll be a treasured item in your household for many, many years.

NazNomad":2n2cy0lk said:
Finished this bird box that someone has requested... Just in time to be too late to use this year. :-D

That's so ingenious and so inventive, and actually the build looks every bit as clever as the design. Well done!

=D>

MattRoberts":37vtnyrx said:
Nested tables (two pairs)

I like what you've done there Matt. You've made some bold design decisions, like the very high chamfers on the bottom of the legs and the groove that runs around the legs, and you've executed them with real conviction. In doing so you've unified them, and made it clear that they're a set even though the sizing is so obviously different.

IMO that's where nests of tables often fail, they just don't call out that they're a family, and as a result when they're deployed in a room can just look messy and disjointed.

Well done!

custard":3e4ht605 said:
MattRoberts":3e4ht605 said:
Nested tables (two pairs)

I like what you've done there Matt. You've made some bold design decisions, like the very high chamfers on the bottom of the legs and the groove that runs around the legs, and you've executed them with real conviction. In doing so you've unified them, and made it clear that they're a set even though the sizing is so obviously different.

IMO that's where nests of tables often fail, they just don't call out that they're a family, and as a result when they're deployed in a room can just look messy and disjointed.

Well done!
Thanks custard, that's some lovely praise :)

custard":1de3bs90 said:
thetyreman":1de3bs90 said:

Excellent work, that'll be a treasured item in your household for many, many years.

many thanks, yes I hope so, it will most likely outlive me.

I thought you'd made a huge coin first of all. :-D

Made this for sanding inside small hollow forms - I ain't shoving my pinkies in here.

hollow_form_sander.jpg

Tight fit on a Dremel flap-wheel shaft (and most other Dremel accessories if the need arises).

Doris":1c5nbysc said:
31de2acdcc8253995ee28ee0a80c6e8e.jpg

I made a pair of tiny drilling tools today.

:D I bet you're busy coming up to Christmas. I always say you're alright as long as you got your Elf.

Latest posts

Back