Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
managed to get the saw on the cabinet. the sawdust was from cutting the wood for the cabinet even tho i had the shop vac on the back of the saw. hope the dust collection works as i hope! :)
The extraction outlet on the back of the saw probably comes from a shroud around the blade - the one on my Scheppach table saw certainly does. The dust falling out of the base of the saw has bypassed that. I’ve built a similar cabinet to yours, but decided not to extract from the cavity under the saw, as I doubted that the extractor could generate enough airflow to pull the dust out. Instead, I just put a removable panel on the front, and clear it out occasionally with the shop vac.

So after more sanding than I care to admit I've finally finished my latest creation, a large-ish cherrywood bud vase/ twig pot, this will be a gift for a very good friend who A donated the cherrywood to me a few years ago and B did all the legwork and set up for my better half's surprise 50th birthday party on Sunday making it a huge success.

20220216_181612.jpg
20220216_181618.jpg
20220216_181624.jpg
20220216_181629.jpg

Do you rate those foam tikes I'm thinking of getting some to line my garage floor! Just the buts which are walked on.
Same here as Stigmorgan uses them. Also, if you're a turner, I've glued an off-cut 300mm diameter to a bit of ply and use it when I want to turn the foot/recess from a bowl by pressing it into the foam with the tailstock.

Yes I use them for all sorts of stuff. I'm stripping down a shredder there and they don't half save your knees! And chisels as mentioned.

When I built the workshop I was going to cover the whole floor with rubber tread-plate stuff, but I've managed to create floods a couple of times so glad I didn't. The square mats can be lifted up easy. Go for it.

So after more sanding than I care to admit I've finally finished my latest creation, a large-ish cherrywood bud vase/ twig pot, this will be a gift for a very good friend who A donated the cherrywood to me a few years ago and B did all the legwork and set up for my better half's surprise 50th birthday party on Sunday making it a huge success.

View attachment 129568View attachment 129569View attachment 129570View attachment 129571
Stig that’s truly superb looks amazing.

Back