Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a little workshop upgrade; I noticed a couple of weeks ago that my dust extractor actually has a 200mm inlet, but came with a 150mm reducer stuck in it, so today I upgraded the run to the first Y to 200mm, and the first Y is now 200 to 2x150. Spot the difference - there's a noticeable increase in suction at the machines. Next step is to upgrade around the mitre saw hood to rigid duct.

Before:

IMG_0379.JPG

After:
IMG_20220220_193717126_HDR.jpg

Well its a weekend so two visits to my workshop....ok the garage!

Here's couple of penlights, I've made some previously but these were 'commissions' for the wife and daughter, wife wanted the camo, the daughters is the pearl.

IMG_2357.jpeg

IMG_2358.jpeg

IMG_2359.jpeg

IMG_2360.jpeg

Regards

Padster

Here's couple of penlights, I've made some previously but these were 'commissions' for the wife and daughter, wife wanted the camo, the daughters is the pearl.
Very nice pens. Who is the supplier for those particular kits? I've made two camouflage pens for my wife but she can never find them ;)

Customer wanted to do something to cover an unused doorway, it's quite a grand place and I was pretty much given free rein :)

Before

White house 1.jpg

Of course the wall was a long way out so I made up the carcass and fitted it temporarily so I could scribe the front to the angle of the wall

Whit house 2.jpg

We all love a workshop shot so we can have a nosey so here you go

White house 3.jpg

Fitted it today, shelves to go in yet. It is made to match some other bits around the house but their daughter commented that it looks like it belongs in The White House, I think that's a compliment 🤔

Whit house 4.jpg

Customer wanted to do something to cover an unused doorway, it's quite a grand place and I was pretty much given free rein :)

Before

View attachment 130107

Of course the wall was a long way out so I made up the carcass and fitted it temporarily so I could scribe the front to the angle of the wall

View attachment 130108

We all love a workshop shot so we can have a nosey so here you go

View attachment 130109

Fitted it today, shelves to go in yet. It is made to match some other bits around the house but their daughter commented that it looks like it belongs in The White House, I think that's a compliment 🤔

View attachment 130110
Do you have your own personal guardsman?!!💂💂💂

So I've had a productive afternoon today, one of the teachers is expecting her first baby and has been feeling a bit nervous so I thought I would make something for her, so a few days ago I started with a piece of spalted oak and a piece of very light oak and today ended up with a fairly big rattle, it's too big to be used by baby and I don't have any toy safe finishes so I also made a stand for it to sit on and be displayed if they wish, I presented it to her this afternoon and she absolutely loved it.
20220223_171103.jpg
20220223_171117.jpg

I also mounted a piece of butchers block that I was given by @Mick p when I had the pleasure of visiting him last year, turned into a thick bottomed dish, sanded to 320 and finished with walnut oil
20220223_171131.jpg
20220223_171154.jpg
20220223_171202.jpg

Back