Planer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Garages are for workshops yes but heres one for you, what if you own a 1983 vw transporter and you wanna fit it out with cabinets etc, if you could drive it into your workshop to do so, would you??
I'd sooner have a multi functional space by day workshop, by night a crack house and on the weekend maybe a few forign workers on some knitting machines!
Nice xr2 by the way it brings back good memories!

Nev Hallam":1uac9s48 said:
Nice xr2 by the way it brings back good memories!

Thanks for the compliment :D

MOT next week so keep your fingers crossed for me.

Sorry again for going off-topic :oops:

Peter T":3dfe2srp said:
Dan Tovey":3dfe2srp said:
Garages are for making workshops out of. Cars belong on driveways.

Catch up!

Dan

Plus, the drive's already a bit full at the moment -

Jags.jpg
Some traveller's set up camp on your drive!

Aidan

Hi,

new or used, how big and how much would you like to spend?

I bought a used Kity and like it very much, easy to change over from planing to thicknessing. Setting the blades is a pain even with the Kity jig.

regards

Graham

i've got an elektra beckum/ metabo planer thicknesser combi. wish i'd never bought it, the thickness table rocks the fence never stays square the blades are a pain in the rear to change, if you move the infeed table to adjust the amount being planed it twists hmmmmmmm no good do not buy one should have saved some money and got a proper one. if i had the space i would buy a seperate planer and thicknesser and i would buy good solid cast iron not cheap aluminium the pk200 table saw is also junk. my only advice is to do research, try before you part with your hard earned.

I posted similar complaints some time ago Steve, fortunately I was able to return it.

Roy.

2 Jags! who are you John Prescott? :lol: I bought myself a Elu P/T off the bay for £300 and it is a brilliant machine. It is the same model as the De Walt 1161 It does have ally planing tables but they are very level and it only takes a matter of seconds to convert it from planing to thicknessing by fipping the tables up out of the way. :wink:

Latest posts

Back