Ooooooooowwwwwwwww!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TrimTheKing":2iotqkn9 said:
devonwoody":2iotqkn9 said:
TTK showing your age, wisdom teeth coming out.
I'm a ripe old 34 in July, although the amount of abuse I've put my body through over the years through rugby, football and drunken brawling i'm probably closer to about 60 :D

List so far includes:

2 x herniated discs between L4 & S1 (In constant pain and untreatable until I retire from footy then they can fuse them but I will lose some mobility)
Broken right Tib
Broken right ulna, radius & humerous (all same incident)
Broken all fingers except left hand ring finger, some multiple times
Broken right foot (2nd mtatarsal, years before it was fashionable) :)
Right shoulder crunches and won't move much above shoulder height without mucho paino
Broken left scaphoid
Depressed fracture of right cheek
Multiple torn/detached muscles, mostly in legs but did manage to tear an ab which is one of the most painful things I've ever done
Left knee rebuilt 2 years ago due to wear and tear
Only thing I've never had to have (apart from after knee op) is stitches... touch wood!

So all in all I'm a bit of a wreck, but without my sports I would be kicking the cats :D

And they wonder why the NHS is broke :) could be cheaper to kick the cat.

newt":9wi4ifjm said:
TrimTheKing":9wi4ifjm said:
devonwoody":9wi4ifjm said:
TTK showing your age, wisdom teeth coming out.
I'm a ripe old 34 in July, although the amount of abuse I've put my body through over the years through rugby, football and drunken brawling i'm probably closer to about 60 :D

List so far includes:...

And they wonder why the NHS is broke :) could be cheaper to kick the cat.
Haha, luckily all bar the A&E ones have been dealt with on my BUPA so I have been paying ofr it myself :D

Have to say that when I have been in under the NHS though they have been excellent.

HUH! Wimps!

The 85 year old lady who lives beside my mother has refused any and all anaesthetics offered by her dentists throughout her life because, as she told me, "a bit of pain is good for you now and then".

Brendan

(Yeah, I think she is nuts too!)

yes Mark it's an 'erm inspection' :shock: :roll: :wink:

With all that work done on your bones, how much pain are you really in day to day? Is it the occasional twang? Constant dull ache? Or does it feel tender like it could 'go' at any moment?

At the moment I'm battling with myself on what to do next. My pain is a combination of those three things. But sometimes I think I should just try to 'get on with it' and other times I think that forcing myself to be in pain for 10-12 hours a day is just not 'right'.

I'm surprise they are telling you that you will have limited movement after the fusion? I don't feel much stiffer than before and I had three levels. The pain is probably a bit worse. Tho playing football would probably be a step to far. Mind you, I'm also surprised you continue to put yourself at risk. Seriously, this ain't fun!

T the T! Would you kindly revert kicking the cat as the vet's bill are likely to be less that what you are costing us tax payers! :lol:

Roy.

wizer":eiumomlt said:
yes Mark it's an 'erm inspection' :shock: :roll: :wink:

With all that work done on your bones, how much pain are you really in day to day? Is it the occasional twang? Constant dull ache? Or does it feel tender like it could 'go' at any moment?

At the moment I'm battling with myself on what to do next. My pain is a combination of those three things. But sometimes I think I should just try to 'get on with it' and other times I think that forcing myself to be in pain for 10-12 hours a day is just not 'right'.

I'm surprise they are telling you that you will have limited movement after the fusion? I don't feel much stiffer than before and I had three levels. The pain is probably a bit worse. Tho playing football would probably be a step to far. Mind you, I'm also surprised you continue to put yourself at risk. Seriously, this ain't fun!
I've not had anything done on my back Tom, just have a strict set of pilates core strengthening exercises that I have to do morning, noon and night and I use a lumbar roll pretty much all the time when seated.

Pain wise it is a dull to acute ache pretty much all the time but providing I do my exercises religiously then I manage it easily without any medication other than the odd day of ibuprofen if I've spent a day travelling or a long night in the pub :D. It never feels like it's 'going to go' as such, but I try and not spend more than an hour at a time either standing or seated without a break doing the opposite. I don't think it's anywhere near the level you experience.

I have got about 5-10% disc remaining between L5-S1 and about 40-50% between S1-S2 and the MRI showed no vertebrae damage to ny of the joints so he reckoned another few years of footy will do me no more damage than is already there, just about proper warming up, stretching and proper cool down after.

I also need to get back into the gym again as a good workout on stomach and lower back also really helps stiffen up the core and takes reliance off the spine so helps me too. Time is the problem there though because of travelling to sunny Watford 3 days a week :( By the time I get home I want to see the baby for a bit and put her to bed, by then it's about 20:30 and I just want to have some food and chill before doing it again the next day.

He reckoned I would lose some twisting ability which would make footy more difficult so that's why he suggested I don't do anything until I 'retire'.

devonwoody":vmmndqwu said:
Having the WT out after reading above should be a doddle then. :)
It would have been if it wasn't so deeply bloody embedded in my gum that she nearly twisted my bloody head off trying to get it out! :(

Hopefully they can get it out in the hospital without breaking my neck :shock:

You seem late in having that sort of problem Mark. I went through it years ago, to get the damn thing out they cut part of my jaw away!
Thinks (perhaps he didn't want to know that.)

Roy.

Digit":7kyz1z3f said:
You seem late in having that sort of problem Mark. I went through it years ago, to get the damn thing out they cut part of my jaw away!
Thinks (perhaps he didn't want to know that.)

Roy.
It's only caused me the odd issue, probably twice a year when it would get an infection for a week if something got stuck there or it had a growth spurt so we agreed it wasn't worth the hassle.

Problem is now that it has started to decay the tooth next to it so time to get it out for good!

I actually had my last WT removed three weeks ago. Like you it became infected on occasion but then cleared up so I ignored it, but eventually I did get fed up with it.
I had to smile afterwards though, the dentist insisted on returning the tooth to me as it had been capped years ago with gold!
Quite what he thought I was gonna do with it he never explained.

Roy.

Back