Off my nut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've reminded me I've got my six monthly tomorrow. I imagine a trip to the dentist when you know you are going to need work carried out must be a real trauma for many people. But, when your confronted with a friendly face and a smile (with natural teeth) from a dentist (like mine) it must not only make a difference to the patient while in the chair but also a difference in attitude towards coming back for more work. Not noticed if she's any good at poetry through.
Glad you're out of pain.

It is broken but I've learned my lesson the hard way, at the same time I have landed on my feet with my dentist, he is about my age and is not at all judgemental, the biggest offput for me has always been the way my previous dentists have made me fee judged and ashamedl, when I had my first appointment with Jake a was up front and told him I've neglected myself most of my life but now I'm seriously ready to change that start looking after myself, his exact reply was "let's see what I can do to make you feel better then we can work on the rest together" that sold it for me.
Must be the brother to my dentist Scouse girl wide as she is tall....so friendly and disarming!
Do I have any teeth left is my usual quip!

The OPs problem was not being able to access a dentist. Ive just read a rather frightening article in the Guardian - a different issue but it shows how serious things can get if untreated. I thought others might be interested.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...hache-now-my-health-has-been-wrecked-for-ever
The dentist I and my wife go to, and have done for 25 years, is absolutely fine and does what is needed so I wonder if the article is representative.

The OPs problem was not being able to access a dentist. Ive just read a rather frightening article in the Guardian - a different issue but it shows how serious things can get if untreated. I thought others might be interested.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...hache-now-my-health-has-been-wrecked-for-ever
The dentist I and my wife go to, and have done for 25 years, is absolutely fine and does what is needed so I wonder if the article is representative.
Thats definately a scary read, the first infection in my situation was caused by my own lack of self care but was not helped by many failed attempts to seek help through the 111 system, the 2nd infection once it set back in (if it was ever even completely wiped out the first time) it hit me hard, my jaw started to become painful to open so back to the dentist for more antibiotics, eventually becoming impossible to open, as the infection grew it pushed my tongue up to the roof of my mouth and made my throat very sore which meant even liquids were hard and painful to swallow which led to dehydration, so despite taking one of the strongest antibiotics, the infection took control because after almost 2 weeks of no food and hardly any liquids my body didn't have the fuel or fluids it needed to get the drugs to the right place which eventually led to me rushing to A&E on an easter Saturday afternoon with a balloon of infiction growing from my chin, along my jaw and down my throat and into my shoulder, had I waited 24hours longer the outcome could have been very different to the happy end I've got.

Acconding to a couple of Aercheologist/Paeleotologists I know, they are pretty adamant that toothache derived infection was probably the 2nd biggest natural killer of humans after malaria throughout human history.

Acconding to a couple of Aercheologist/Paeleotologists I know, they are pretty adamant that toothache derived infection was probably the 2nd biggest natural killer of humans after malaria throughout human history.
I can easily believe that, if the iniction don't get you the pain will drive you insane enough to smash your own head in.

after a bad tooth infection....it was removed....I asked the dentist for antibiotic's.....
she said NO I got all the infection out....
Huh....
within a few short days I was admited to hospital for a ser kidney infection.....
peeing white string.....
Doc said the infection went around my body untill it found a weak spot...
abso don't want that to happen again...
very interesting comment Droogs

Back