Off my nut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thought, are there any training hospitals in the vicinity that do dentistry because they may be willing to perform free to give students experience, much the same as student hairdressers need people to practice on.

Another thought, are there any training hospitals in the vicinity that do dentistry because they may be willing to perform free to give students experience, much the same as student hairdressers need people to practice on.
Not something I'd thought of, will look into it after I speak with my GP 👍

You have my sympathies Stiggy....i suffered this for 30 years until eventually I had had every tooth removed .
One particular course of treatment with my Dentist lasted for 13 sessions ! I still have the appointment slips. I have had a canine tooth hanging on the nerve and a piece of skin for several months....and a back molar that split down the middle between the nerve roots. Root canal work that caused lasting jawbone infections and all sorts of other horrors.

Something that I found very effective for nerve pain was to take a small mouthful of Scotch or Brandy and angle my head so that the alchohol surrounded the painful tooth and just hold my head there for a minute or so . It numbs the nerve and can give up to an hours relief or more.

i'd be happy to chip in with a donation towards your treatment or I can send you some Solpadol or Co-Codamol (same thing) they are 500/30 mg which is a prescription med and have 3x times the amount of Codeine than over the counter versions. Because you are supposed to wait a minimum of 4x hours between doses of Solpadol I used to alternate with Ibrufen which also helps.

Twice I managed to get an emergency appointment with a local Dental Training Hospital and both times had a Fully qualified Dentist do the work so thats definitely worth checking out .

Thanks Pineapple but according to the dental team at 111 I don't qualify for an emergency appointment because I don't have any swelling or uncontrollable bleeding 🤷‍♂️
But then you do have swelling, it just went down/not as bad now, just before you arrived at the appointed time and the bleeding stopped about an hour ago.

So great news, SWMBO has been on the phone to 111 most of the day tearing them a new hole and I now have an emergency at 11:30 tomorrow morning and will only cost me £23.80 plus any prescription and I'm man enough to admit that the relief had me weeping like a baby.
As I've already said, for the support and offers of help you guys are all awesome and I love ya ❤️

I hate dentists, i think they should have their books closely checked each and every year so they can't sneak through or recommend work that is unnecessary.

My parents put me into an orthodontist when I was a teen and he did so much work that wasn't needed, wisdom teeth removed, braces of the type they cement to the teeth, removal of lower canines, then root canals, caps.
Eventually he was caught,disbarred and i think got sent to prison.

Then came years of remedial work, and of course not being all NHS work, nobody to sue.
In the end i had to have most of then extracted, due to roots splitting and remedial bridgework putting too much strain on already damaged ones.
Those the dentists, consultants and dental hospital didn't remove, i was by way of lifestyle at the time forced to remove myself. 3 in total. I've tried all remedies for pain, only thing works is removal.

So as you can imagine i don't like, nor these days need their services. And when i hear than many are refusing NHS work, I can only see that as an industry that needs harsh regulations to prevent the hell i went through as a teen.

12 hours to go and counting, I cant wait, the codeine and ibuprofen are barely working, the pain in my cheekbone, ear and eye have drastically reduced but the tooth itself and a little into my throat are still sore and sensitive, it's just about bearable so hopefully I'll get a few hours sleep before I have to go out and unlock at work.

12 hours to go and counting, I cant wait, the codeine and ibuprofen are barely working, the pain in my cheekbone, ear and eye have drastically reduced but the tooth itself and a little into my throat are still sore and sensitive, it's just about bearable so hopefully I'll get a few hours sleep before I have to go out and unlock at work.
Hopefully you have had your treatment and if not it’s very close , all the best either way and here’s to being pain free-I’m rooting for you ( sorry had to get that one in ) good luck chap 🙏🙏🙏

@Bingy man love the pun 🤣

So treatment didn't quite go to plan but I am happy. The dentist I saw was amazing, made me feel really comfortable and put me at ease, he asked me to go through everything from breaking the tooth up to now and was very upset to hear that I have had to contact 111 4 times over the last few weeks as if he had seen me a few weeks ago he thinks he could have saved the tooth but unfortunately there is a large abscess under the tooth so he couldn't pull it until the infection is sorted, he has plugged the break with antibiotics and given me a course of antibiotics to take, his words were that they are so strong I shouldn't even look at alcohol 🤪. As I stand at the minute I'm not in pain due to the codeine and ibuprofen, the plug combined with the 2 antibiotics I've been prescribed will clear up the infection and abscess in a week, the treatment cost me £24 and the prescription cost less than £20, now I just need my local dentist to get through the waiting list and see me, lots of work for them to do.

You should hopefully be pain free as the antibiotics will take effect and deffo no alcohol. I was on similar when my wisdom teeth kicked of ( double abscess) and thought that 1 can of Stella wont hurt -WRONG- didn’t even finish it and was on my knees so hide the port and throw out the mouth wash. Glad you got seen 👍👍

You should hopefully be pain free as the antibiotics will take effect and deffo no alcohol. I was on similar when my wisdom teeth kicked of ( double abscess) and thought that 1 can of Stella wont hurt -WRONG- didn’t even finish it and was on my knees so hide the port and throw out the mouth wash. Glad you got seen 👍👍
I'm not a big drinker so it's no problem, just made me laugh the way he said it 😁 pain levels have risen a little since he put the antibiotic plug in but he said to expect the pressure to rise a bit, the bonus is that I've not needed to take my codeine or ibuprofen since I got up at 6 this morning so will only take 1 codeine half hour before bed so that I can get some sleep. Will start the 2 courses of antibiotics in the morning so that I get 7 full days rather than 6 full days bookends by 2 part days.

Latest posts

Back