My Sitooterie

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks lovely! I have very much enjoyed reading this and watching a building appear! Congrats :)

As a newcomer here its nice to see some of these threads in their (near) entirety, feels a bit like cheating though reading them through all at once! Really nice build Paul. Looks great and in a stunning spot it seems. Don't forget, everyone has 20/20 hindsight, it's the foresight we all need glasses for sometimes.
First place we owned was a complete refurb and apart from taking a wall out and plastering/ gas I did it all on my own. For example I did a timber deck when I landscaped the back garden. All the screws were finished in the same direction. Really. Spent so much time on that place getting it to a near 'perfect' finish and the only one who noticed? Me. I've calmed down a lot since then lol.
Maybe you shouldn't be so surprised people are complimentary so don't make that list, enjoy the results. Maybe with a glass or two of your preferred tipple if you get a nice evening. :wink:

Thanks guys :)

Bm101 - I know what you're saying. My perfectionist tendencies drive my wife nuts but even I have calmed down, as you say. Life's too short mate! And I'm in the right place for my preferred tipple or three!

The list is more a 'lessons learned' thing - ready for my next project ;-)

Slainte!

Paul

Good man. Well in that case fair play! Cheers! 8)

QAMczBz.jpg

Regards, Chris

Just some pictures of the inside for the record. Excuse the mess - it was actually a lot worse! Managed to find some second-hand cane furniture locally (5 minutes away!) which will go nicely with the pub table just as soon as we sort the rest of the mess out.

Still haven't lined the windows and it probably won't get done until the Spring now. But who's rushing :)
IMG_0289b.jpg

IMG_0288b.jpg

IMG_0287b.jpg

IMG_0286b.jpg

IMG_0285b.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0289b.jpg
    IMG_0289b.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 1,018
  • IMG_0288b.jpg
    IMG_0288b.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 1,018
  • IMG_0287b.jpg
    IMG_0287b.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 1,018
  • IMG_0286b.jpg
    IMG_0286b.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 1,018
  • IMG_0285b.jpg
    IMG_0285b.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 1,018
An excellent Sitooterie there, Must admit 'tis the first I've ever seen, and looking very bright and snug inside too!
Regards Rodders

blackrodd":1g01qg8f said:
An excellent Sitooterie there, Must admit 'tis the first I've ever seen, and looking very bright and snug inside too!
Regards Rodders
Thanks Rodders. It's just a summer house really - Sitooterie is a brilliantly descriptive name given to it by the natives of my adopted home. From Ayrshire to be exact - according to my man on (about) page 2 :)

Glad you like it - we do :)

Very nice! I think you've done a great job. Done nice work on the interior too Paul. Enjoy it with that dram or two. Cheers!

Paul200":3c9211n0 said:
blackrodd":3c9211n0 said:
Regards Rodders
Thanks Rodders. It's just a summer house really - Sitooterie is a brilliantly descriptive name given to it by the natives of my adopted home. From Ayrshire to be exact - according to my man on (about) page 2 :)

Glad you like it - we do :)

Ayreshire is a nice place, I worked in Mauchlin about 5 years ago, near the train station site, all granite houses.
Rodders

Great work mate and all on your own as well :) =D>

I'm so jealous of all the lovely looking wood and fancy membranes etc being used on this site haha :mrgreen:

KevB":48y2wdr2 said:

I'm so jealous of all the lovely looking wood and fancy membranes etc being used on this site haha :mrgreen:

:lol: We're surrounded by wood here and have to pay proper money for it. Wish I had access to the no money kind :lol:

Paul200":32yshbh4 said:
KevB":32yshbh4 said:

:lol: We're surrounded by wood here and have to pay proper money for it. Wish I had access to the no money kind :lol:

haha nice comeback mate :mrgreen:

Billy Flitch":eitkiddm said:
Top man Paul =D> =D> =D> Looking the business first class mate.

:lol: Cheers Billy - you're a star :lol:

And thanks for your help mate - invaluable for my next project (hammer)

Mcluma":21nsjm3m said:
Very nice

Do you have heating in it?

Thanks Chris. No, no heating at the moment - but I'm toying with the idea of a log burner in the corner opposite the door (last picture - the bit with no window on it). Don't want to pay silly money though so I'm keeping my eye on local sales sites etc. We've got free access to all the hardwood logs we could ever use from the wood behind us - might as well make the most of it! I quite fancy sneaking up there with a good book, a bottle and a box of matches 8)

Back