Lyndhurst Woodworking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick Gibbs":2dyxvm82 said:
big soft moose":2dyxvm82 said:
my plan is to fix the saw on a stand at the end of the hand tools bench with its table at the same height (and without its extension tables or slider) with the blade orientation being along the bench - fence away from the front - at the otherside (behind the blade) will be the router table.

so that in use the bench will become the infeed and the router table with its cutter dropped and fence pushed back will become the outfeed (like wise the saw will be an infeed for the router)

This sounds fascinating. I'd love to come and see the setup. To that end a small cast iron table saw may well be your best bet as the core. I don't know the Jet well, but it could easily be ideal. Email me and perhaps we could set up a meeting.

Cheers

Nick

when ive got the saw and set it up i will do nick - cheers

Pete, if I were you, I'd try and get a look at that Jet saw before you decide to buy it. Looking at the specs. and motor power in particular (1500w), I'd guess it's going to be a cheap and noisy brush motor affair that starts with a real 'bang' - unlike the Axminster TS200 you use at work. :?

If you think you can manage with a saw of this size and build it in to a larger system for extra support then, you could trawl eBay for one of the smaller Bosch/DeWalt/Makita/Metabo/Elektra Beckum saws; the kind with telescopic extensions, designed to be moved on and of of site - like this. I've never used one but they generally get decent reviews. Plus, they're bound to be better built than anything coloured 'white'. :wink:

Saws in the sub-£200 mark can come with a world of problems (I used to own a 10" Fox saw). Even if you can sort the fence and some kind of cross cutting device, you may find the blade wobbles and doesn't run true. Some of these saws use cheap 'splitters' in place of riving knives, which don't stay vertical, flop about and generally get in the way as you're trying to feed something through the blade. :x

Router tables are great for small tenons. I've also got a jig four routing larger ones with hand-held router.

RogerS":nc0zlvfj said:
kityuser":nc0zlvfj said:
RogerS":nc0zlvfj said:
devonwoody":nc0zlvfj said:
And wont Paypal play ball?

Falls over in a heap laughing. Since when did PayPal care about customer service or morality?

Rob..thanks for the heads-up re third party refunds.

Rob?????

:?

Steve

Opps..sorry, Mike :oops:

MMMMIIIIIIKKKKKKEEEEEE??????? :roll:

** STEVE **

kityuser":13ovm6fl said:
RogerS":13ovm6fl said:
kityuser":13ovm6fl said:
RogerS":13ovm6fl said:
devonwoody":13ovm6fl said:

Falls over in a heap laughing. Since when did PayPal care about customer service or morality?

Rob?????

Steve

** STEVE **

Sense the sarcasm, John :roll:

wizer":3lzl5arc said:
kityuser":3lzl5arc said:
RogerS":3lzl5arc said:
kityuser":3lzl5arc said:
RogerS":3lzl5arc said:
devonwoody":3lzl5arc said:

Rob?????

Steve

** STEVE **

Sense the sarcasm, John :roll:

sense the sarcasm

Mary

just out of curiosity whos going to be the supplier of the DEFT saws, i was saving for one and i am almost there

damn and blast

if there is not a supplier could i contact the man who supplied, or the manufactarer direct

He gave me the details, or at least part of the details of who bought the DEFT saws. It was a company called Goss Engineering in Charfield, no phone number I'm afraid.

He wasn't sure whether they were going to sell them on to the public or whether they were for the company themselves. I don't know how many he had in stock but I understand he was a one horse operation so if they were for sale they may have already gone as it was about 10 weeks ago he went belly up.

If you do contact them I would be interested, as I am sure many would be to what the position is.

Good luck

Bluekingfisher":2nv5dlef said:
He gave me the details, or at least part of the details of who bought the DEFT saws. It was a company called Goss Engineering in Charfield, no phone number I'm afraid.

He wasn't sure whether they were going to sell them on to the public or whether they were for the company themselves. I don't know how many he had in stock but I understand he was a one horse operation so if they were for sale they may have already gone as it was about 10 weeks ago he went belly up.

If you do contact them I would be interested, as I am sure many would be to what the position is.

Good luck

thanks mate

after doing a quick search for Goss Engineering in Charfield on the nest details at all

i will do a bit more digging

just had a thourght, if i can find out who manufacturers the saws i think i can order direct from the maker and save a bundle

ciscoeuk":3oc4p50f said:
just had a thourght, if i can find out who manufacturers the saws i think i can order direct from the maker and save a bundle

That all depends on shipping costs, both to the country and to your house. Obviously you'll not be getting any volume discount, nor after sales service.

true wizer but it may be the best way to get hold of the saw

i have found the xcaliber manufacturers, just got to find the deft ot somthing simular

all the best

Hooooorah :D =D> , after much wailing and gnashing of teeth I finally managed to upload my avatar....only two hours and 8 mins this evening. I wouldn't have a clue how to do it again :roll:

Try. try and try again.

Good news

i manage to fine the chinease maker/supplier for deft saw he has quote me $1300 US (£780) per unit, deliver to uk address 20 day turn around, he has sent me photos of the new attachments for the the saw, photos availible and details on how to contact mr JACK XU from harvey industries please pm, if you want me to post photos here, i will do so

subject to exchange rate
T-100 USD250.00 Router Table with Deluxe Fence (149.84 GBP)
ST-1400 USD320.00 Sliding Table with Mitre Fence (191.78 GBP)

if anyone can order direct, i have have asked for payment instructions, and i will post again on that info

all the best

It's tempting but not cheap enough IMO. I'd rather go with a SIP or even a 2nd hand saw in this country, I think.

wizer":2kxxogw8 said:
It's tempting but not cheap enough IMO. I'd rather go with a SIP or even a 2nd hand saw in this country, I think.

me too wizer but after checking out ebay for wadkins startrites, they are feyching anywhere from £400 - £800, i got a shock while i was tracking a saw on ebay , it sold for £879 for a used saw, ouch

mr xu said the more you order the cheaper it will be, they do other woodworking machines as well, check this link for a basic idea
i wil try and get the full web address

http://harveymachinery.en.ecplaza.net/

Back