Lyndhurst Woodworking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluekingfisher

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon Folks,

Does anyone know if Lyndhurst woodworking is still trading?

I won a Deft table saw on ebay and was unable to receive it immediately after the auction ended so the owner/trader agreed to keep for me until I was able to accept it.

I have now tried to contact him on the telephone numbers he gave me but unfortunately, one is no longer known and the other just rings out. I was given an 0845 number by directory enquiries but that number has been continually engaged for two days.

I tried to contact him via their website but the link is shown as broken.

I still have my original ebay correspondence with him and have posted a reply but as yet he has not been in touch.

If anyone knows of his current state regards trading I would be very much obliged

A few threads on here recently pointed to the fact that they may have gone bump.

Hope you haven't paid for the machine? If you have (and used Paypal) you've only got 45 days from making the payment to get a refund for non-delivery of goods.

HTH.

Cheers

Karl

Hi fisher
Sorry to hear that ,it's not looking good is it , hope you don't lose out on it in the end .Can't offer advice but best of luck with it . Cheers !

I bought an extractor fan from Lydhurst back in January, the address and phone number on the receipt are as follows:
Unit 2 (rear of Wyvale Garden Centre) Milbury Heath, Thornbury, Glos, GL12 8QH 01454413110.
As the address suggests it is or was behind a garden centre, I collected the dust extractor in person, I found the garden centre and the business was down a small lane, it was not much more than a double garage.
You might be able to find out if they are still trading from their vat number which is 862369206.
I hope this helps.

Kind regards, Mark W

The top man at Lyndhurst was registered on this forum a few years ago but sorry I cannot remember his name.
I had the greatest respect for him and his business and truly hope things have not gone badly.
Fred.

If you would have paid by credit card with a respectable company,you would have had a claim.
If it is paypal they are the last link (shudder).
But don't leave it at that you may be able to get your money back.
Good luck.

The top man at Lyndhurst was registered on this forum a few years ago but sorry I cannot remember his name.
I had the greatest respect for him and his business and truly hope things have not gone badly.

I cannot understand anyone who renages on a sale they have made, and been paid for, even if they are going bust.

It's just not something anyone with any sense of decency would do, no matter how bad their personnel circumstances.

I have to ask though, how long was it between the purchase and the time you were able to collect?

regards John

I have contacted my credit card company who will thankfully at least investigate the circumstances.

I have a VAT no which one of the subscribers to this forum gave me so I will follow that up to establish his current situation.

I bought the saw 11 months ago now ( I know it's a long time) but we had an agreement that he would hold it for me until I was in a position to collect. I am not trying to deflect from my side of the situation and don't hold any grudge with the proprietor, it's just that I haven't been able to make contact with him over the past few weeks hence me asking you guys if you had heard anything.

If he has gone bust then I feel sorry for him as times are tough in this economic climate. If I lose the money then I'll have to swallow it but I'm more upset about not getting my Deft table saw as I have researched many saws over such a long period and this was the model I had set my heart on. Does anyone know if the same saw is being sold under a different badge.

I have just spoken with the Inland Revenue Service who confirmed the VAT No given relates to Lyndhurst Woodworking and that the business is still shown as trading under that number. That said it may just mean that he hasn't got round to deregistering yet.

Thanks for all your assistance and input on this matter.

Regards

David

Sorry to read about your problems - I have the T30 and one of their oscillating sanders.

It is sold under a number of disguises in the States - Luguna, Silver City and Grizzly Bear (I think?) but not in this country as far as I am aware?

Rod

I have made have made some extensive enquiries of my own regarding Lyndhurst. The story is quite long and bizarre to say the least.

What I found was that over the years there have been on and off reports of this company having gone under, then re emerge later. The unit he advertises as trading from apparently doesn't exist, even local traders were not aware of him although some had received mail for him over the years. His telephone numbers are still live and Companies House shows that he has not gone into administration.

I spoke to the local police and they feel there is ground for an investigation into his activities and whereabouts.

I hope that it doesn't come to anything more than an enquiry as I would just like the saw.

I hoped, perhaps naively that he may just be going through a bit of a low point business wise and would spring back. I'll just have to wait and see what transpires.

Have you had any dealings with the company?

I've been to their premises last year to look at the DEFT saw. It was a unit with a few saws and an office. Looked all legit to me.

I've just read David's (Bluekingfishers) last post regarding Lyndhurst's trading history.

I remember 3 or 4 yrs back when it first started trading on ebay. It advertised a spindle moulder & a P/T, painted green I asked a couple of questions about it, and received no reply. I became suspicious and I too made some enquires. Shortly afterwards they disappeared from Ebay. about 6 months later they returned with a new website & ebay shop with Lyndhurst painted on or it was a vinyl transfer on the machines.

I've kept an eye on them from time to time and as David mentions their trading history is sporadic & interesting to say the least. I'm suprised the company traded as long as they did.

The company accounts make interesting reading. The latest accounts for the company are already 7 months late.

I bought my dust extractor from lyndhurst, the 3hp job, and while everything was handled well , I would have to say their communications weren't the greatest. I paid by card and they used google checkout to perform the transaction. I phoned to enquire about delivery info, but never got an answer and emails were only replied a few days after I sent them. That said the extractor was top notch and works like a dream. Be a shame if they had gone bust because the extractor was tremendous value at £235

regards,

michael

As mentioned above I have bought 2 items from Lyndhurst in the past and had very good dealings with them.
The items I bought have been (and still are) great and I would have had no problems in recommending them to others.
I suppose being a small enterprise they are subject to all sorts of pressures especially in a recession. Best to buy on a Credit card - you have some security using them?

Rod

I found myself in a similar situation in the late 90s (an agreed 2 months, not 11 though :D ) having paid the UK distributor for a combination machine - but not having been able to take delivery because of a last minute unexpected delay in completion of the building of my workshop. (another hairy story - it turned out the salesman for the joinery company doing the doors had a betting habit, and had spent my deposit and about £250k more belonging to his employer, and had not entered my order. Luckily the factory stood over it)

Promises to ship my machine were not happening, then phones were not answering, the manufacturer the distributor was representing didn't want to know and i smelled a rat

I got lucky - i hopped on a aircraft from Dublin, drove to the (boarded up) premises in the UK, managed after lots of Sherlock Holmesing to get contact information for a director from a local source, and after a stake out exercise tracked him down the next day and managed to extract the machine from him.

The position i took was that i was heading for the police on the basis that he had received my machine from the factory, and i had paid for it well before his bankruptcy so it was my property. Bankruptcy law is funny, i'm not sure if that interpretation is correct - you certainly would have problems if you had only placed the order and paid but no machine had been received.

It may be your guy has not gone bust, but maybe he just doesn't run his office very well.

Either way there might be some point in getting stuck into bringing about a face to face meeting - especially if you can get credible advice (or even work up a credible story) that suggests you have grounds for a personal claim on him. Going to law if he is bankrupt as you know is probably not going to be effective unless you have a clear legal claim on him personally.

Maybe the problem is just to find him, that he's just stopped actively trading and not gone bust at all. The once you find him he'll say 'no problem'...

ian

plymouth pirate":z6kamnfn said:
I cannot understand anyone who renages on a sale they have made, and been paid for, even if they are going bust.

Unfortunately, if the company has gone into liquidation there is nothing the director can do legally to get the saw to you. A liquidator or receiver (I'm not too sure of the difference) takes control of all assets and it will be his decision as to whether you have a claim to the saw - if it is still there.

My suspicion though, is that a liquidator has not yet been appointed. I would suggest you go to the Companies House website and download details of the company's directors. It costs a couple of quid, and you should get the home addresses of all the directors. Is this the right company?

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/fb7d7 ... ompdetails

I'd pay a visit on Sunday morning.

Cheers
Brad

Back