Lyndhurst Woodworking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the one

Name & Registered Office:
LYNDHURST WOODWORKING MACHINES LIMITED
2 CHESTERFIELD BUILDINGS
WESTBOURNE PLACE CLIFTON
BRISTOL
BS8 1RU
Company No. 05051534

Good Luck

Bob

Your guess is as good as mine, Bob :D - I've found in the past that, if you Google 'Lyndhurst Woodworking' or similar, they're listed under several different addresses (that could make for a busy Sunday morning)! :shock: Another one, I seem to remember, is in or near Kingswood.

9fingers":j6fitxn3 said:
This is the one

Name & Registered Office:
LYNDHURST WOODWORKING MACHINES LIMITED
2 CHESTERFIELD BUILDINGS
WESTBOURNE PLACE CLIFTON
BRISTOL
BS8 1RU
Company No. 05051534

Good Luck

Bob

If you google the address it looks like one of those business centres.
Essentially full of accountancy practises

Company Lyndhurst Woodworking Machines Ltd
Contact Mr Richard Jackson
Address Unit 2F
Douglas Trading Estate
Bristol
Avon
South West
BS15 8HJ

Telephone 0845-070 4343

Fax 0845-070 4346
Heres another address website is dead but if he's doing a phoenix it may be worth a try

The first address is the registered address with companies house and the latter is the trading address which does not have to be the same.

Bob

I know that Bob but in this case and with a large proportion of Ltd Co's its the address of an accountancy practice.
Certainly wouldn't be worth visiting. His best bet is to visit the trading address during normal hours and enquire at the address or via any neighbouring business.

We're talking at least £700 worth of saw or loss of money. Go to all the addresses, TWICE!

It might be worth visiting the registered address but to be honest if the accountant are even vaguely half respectable, they won't discuss client affairs with anyone who walks in off the street no matter what.

I'd use the companies house search to get the home addresses of the directors and try there possibly as suggested over the weekend. At least they might tell you exactly what is going on.

If the business is in administration even the directors can't help you in any material way. They possibly can't even enter the premises to give the OP the saw if they wanted to.

Bob

Pay a visit to the home address :shock: Not a good idea at all. The reason for working as a limited company is so this sort of thing doesn't happen. Highly likely you would end up in the back of a police car.

I think some of you haven't been reading all the posts on this, :) as the original poster has already mentioned that he made extensive enquiries, including the addresses being fired up.

Both of us have done a lot of research into the company as mentioned in my above post.

Remember it costs someone actual money to bring in or appoint a receiver, usually lots of money. If the company has no real assets ( I've seen the books) or unless your owned a lot there is little point in receivership. If the owner has no money for a receiver, then it's up to the creditors to pay up. If none are forthcoming then there is NO receivership. Companies house will eventually just strike them off.

Proving any real wrongdoing is a time consuming & costly business and usually if the sums involved are not that great then nothing will happen

It's a harsh world out there when these things happen, and not always fair.

As David has paid with his card he'll get his money back. (he'd like the saw preferably but.......). We'll have to wait & see.

Evening folks,

I have been reading with interest the added comments over the past day or so.

I have already been in touch with Companies House, basically the company is still shown as trading or at least it hasn't gone into administration. I have also contacted the IRS and they too informed me that he was still paying taxes. I am not in anyway knowledgeable of company law or practices but all the info received would indicate that the company is still trading. Even the telephone number, according to BT is still live and active, I would therefore assume that the bills are still being paid for, which would again indicate still trading.

I contacted the local police to determine the extent of their own enquiries, although they admitted that they have not been able to spend as much time on it as they would have liked they have established that the address in Bristol and which is advertised on various websites has been abandoned for at least 18 months, this according to local traders. The police went to the Wyevale address which is behind a Garden centre and established that he (Richard Jackson) is known to them and works out of the unit. Unfortunately he wasn't there when the police visited but they will return to try an make contact with him.

I tried the telephone number for the Wyevale address again and it has changed, i.e. the answer phone does not kick in now. Does this indicate that someone has been back to the unit and physically changed the phone set up? Hopefully the police will establish this.

In addition having scoured the internet an various websites it would appear that he has advertised his company as late as 19 August 2009 and still at the Kingswood, Bristol address which he hasn't been at for 18 months as mentioned.

It may well just be that he is a lousy businessman rather than a sinister scamster. It would be nice to get to the bottom of it though.

This is a fascinating story!

It's tempting to believe that the guy is a fraudster although if this were the case, one might expect that he would not keep re-appearing as Lyndhurst.

Their name has appeared a lot on this forum in the last few years and you might want to look at this thread

After that one, they contacted us to complain and gave this address - I am not sure if you have it?

Lyndhurst Woodworking Machines Ltd

Unit 2F
Kingswood Douglas Trading Estate
Kingswood
Bristol
BS15 8HJ

[email protected]

I don't know what to make of them but as always, caveat emptor!

I agree, you can't just tarnish him as a fraudster. Bad businessman maybe. But you don't know that he's actually tried to rip people off. I'm not trying to condone the situation but let's not call watchdog just yet. That fact that the OP left the machine with Lyndhurst for so long is probably the over riding factor here. I wonder if anyone else has been 'ripped off'?

They moved from the Kingswood address some time ago. I collected my extractor from the Kingswood address. When I returned there to check out a saw, it was all closed up and couldn't see anything. I called Richard and he told me that they had moved to the unit our the back of Wyevale in Thornbury as the rent was far cheaper. Didn't get round to visiting them there.

I live only a few miles from the Kingswood address. Would you like me to pop round and see if I can see any signs of them ?

Cheers,
Sam

Tom K":jkprkjd5 said:
Pay a visit to the home address :shock: Not a good idea at all. The reason for working as a limited company is so this sort of thing doesn't happen. Highly likely you would end up in the back of a police car.

Rubbish.

You are perfectly entitled to call at the home address of anyone you want to.

Obviously if you use threatening or violent behaviour that is an offence, but just calling round and asking a few questions is perfectly legitimate.

All that limited liability means is that a shareholder's liability for a company's debts is limited to the amount he has invested. It offers no protection against reasonable questions being asked by disgruntled customers on his own doorstep.

Cheers
Brad

This is a very interesting yet unfortunate story. I must admit I wouldn't buy from this "company" having seen the previous lack of service and rusty equipment, similarly, I might even have slight hesitation ordering from Rutlands given some of the experiences of people here. If someone's taken your money and not delivered a product, they're a crook, if this guy wants to sue me, maybe he can PM me and we can swap solicitors' details, I'm sure someone here would like to know them too! :lol:

Aidan

waterhead37":3cpcrmq0 said:
After that one, they contacted us to complain and gave this address - I am not sure if you have it?

let me get this straight - after that ferrago they had the balls to complain, when it was their flipping fault in the first place ??? :shock: :mad: (and i thought rutlands were bad )

I hope charley told them to go and play on the motorway

they were lucky byron is an even tempered and tollerant guy - if it had been me they'd have been hearing from trading standards and /or from my solicitor.

do we know if byron ever got his PT replaced and if it was a satisfactory resolution ?

likewise with the current issue - assuming they are still trading and not in recivership they have a clearly enforceable contract to supply the tablesaw or return the money if unable to fulfill - If it were me they be getting a solicitors letter to their registered company address stating that i expect either my goods or my money in a reasonable period (generally 21 days i believe) and that if neither are forthcoming i would apply to the courts for settlement.

the issue of whether they are fraudulent or incompetent is a red herring - the bottom line is that either way they have entered into a contract with the OP and have a legal duty to fulfil it (assuming of course that they arent bankrupt or in recievership)

Byron decided to keep El Rusto (and sell it a few months later :roll: :D )

BradNaylor":2v3o4avf said:
Tom K":2v3o4avf said:

Rubbish.

You are perfectly entitled to call at the home address of anyone you want to.

Obviously if you use threatening or violent behaviour that is an offence, but just calling round and asking a few questions is perfectly legitimate.

All that limited liability means is that a shareholder's liability for a company's debts is limited to the amount he has invested. It offers no protection against reasonable questions being asked by disgruntled customers on his own doorstep.

Cheers
Brad

What are the chances of it being a polite and civil exchange?
Likely outcomes
  • 1. You get into a punchup with the cad who swizzed you. The police are called and you are accused of going there with malice in mind.
    2. He is a complete wuss. Before you get two words out he slams the door in your face calls the police and tells them theres a slavvering loon banging on his door.
    3.He sets the dogs on you whilst unlocking the gun cabinet

As the leading light of the MDF alcove cupboard trade hopefully you will never be in that situation, however lets just imagine it all went **** up for you Duncan. As a director of your failing company would callers be welcome at your door?

Those blokes on TV dont call at home addresses of their rogue traders (or do they?)
Perhaps there is a problem with this kind of personal call?

Back