Best paint for a galvanised/slightly rusted metal roof?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Selamix or Giromax are 2 of the industry standard metal roof overpaint systems with the correct primer.
Overpainting is expensive and depending upon the paint you will probably get around 15 years
If you do a reasonable job, then when you get round to this project properly in a couple of years you can leave the existing (repainted ) roof in situ and do an insulated overclad which will really improve both the look and the warmth inside your workshop
Ian

Selamix or Giromax are 2 of the industry standard metal roof overpaint systems with the correct primer.
Overpainting is expensive and depending upon the paint you will probably get around 15 years
If you do a reasonable job, then when you get round to this project properly in a couple of years you can leave the existing (repainted ) roof in situ and do an insulated overclad which will really improve both the look and the warmth inside your workshop
Ian
I think you may have cracked it Ian. I'd never heard of these before but I've just looked at their website and their metal roofing paints seem to be exactly what I was searching for - agricultural grade top coat paints for a metal roof at a reasonable price and with a buy online capability (because quite a few options were for commercial products unlikely to be sold directly to the public).

Many thanks. (y)

I think you may have cracked it Ian. I'd never heard of these before but I've just looked at their website and their metal roofing paints seem to be exactly what I was searching for - agricultural grade top coat paints for a metal roof at a reasonable price and with a buy online capability (because quite a few options were for commercial products unlikely to be sold directly to the public).

Many thanks. (y)
No problems. Painted steel roof and wall sheeting technical advice are my day job
Ian

These kind of posts go much too deep…all it needs is some phosphoric acid to neutralise the rust, and then a good zinc galvanised paint

Back