Le Tour!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, when I can I watch it live on www.itv.com/tour and when I can't I try to watch the highlights on ITV4.

Not seen it yet but Geraint Thomas did really well today. Looks like it's going to be a very interesting tour this year.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

By all accounts another rough day. Yes Thomas did well, pity about Frank Schleck but Andy still going, especially after yesterday. Things are just starting to get interesting.

Jonzjob":1plmv17m said:
Anyone been watching Le Tour de France? So far 2 fantastic stages with lots of action. Shame about the spills though, especially on the cobbles today.

Eurosport give really good coverage!!

What a bunch of idiots, you would think that by now they would have taken a leaf out of the Isle of Man TT racers book and added a motor to their bikes :lol:

Cheers

Mike

Mike, if France was the same size as the Isle of Man then they would probably need motors, but as it is they have to have the same courage but a bit more fitness than the softies that just wind a twist grip on the handle bars and fight to stay in the nice comfortable pile free seat as the bike tried to head for the moon (hammer) :whistle:

Mind you I do think that anyone who will sit on a bike and pedal like hell for that distance up hill and down dale must have had a hell of a shortage of toys as a child? Especially in the middle of that peleton!

Has anyone found out how Frank Schleck is after his fall?

Edit : - I forgot to mention. Don't confuse le Tour with la Tour! Le Tour is le Tour de France. La Tour is the copy of Blackpool Tower that was done by Eyefull in that village of Paris! It could cause confusion?

Jonzjob":1zp1d624 said:
Mike, if France was the same size as the Isle of Man then they would probably need motors, but as it is they have to have the same courage but a bit more fitness than the softies that just wind a twist grip on the handle bars and fight to stay in the nice comfortable pile free seat as the bike tried to head for the moon (hammer) :whistle:

Mind you I do think that anyone who will sit on a bike and pedal like hell for that distance up hill and down dale must have had a hell of a shortage of toys as a child? Especially in the middle of that peleton!

Has anyone found out how Frank Schleck is after his fall?

Edit : - I forgot to mention. Don't confuse le Tour with la Tour! Le Tour is le Tour de France. La Tour is the copy of Blackpool Tower that was done by Eyefull in that village of Paris! It could cause confusion?

John it was more tongue in cheek, a sort of retaliation for the football p!ss take :lol:

If I am perfectly honest I respect ANY sportsman/woman who do well in their chosen sport. I may not always like the sport, but they certainly have my respect. :D

Cheers

Mike

"John it was more tongue in cheek, a sort of retaliation for the football p!ss take."

Michael me boy!! I think that you are now the proud owner of a 'Gotya Oscar' 'cause so was mine!! :twisted: :twisted:

Me! Extract the wee wee out of football? Never. After all it is a game played by a lot of very talented individuals who sometimes make up a team. It's just a bit of a shame that the English ones forget the team bit when it matters sometimes? :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5: :mrgreen:

Tongue in cheek of course, 'onest! :D

Jonzjob":302h49zd said:
"John it was more tongue in cheek, a sort of retaliation for the football p!ss take."

Michael me boy!! I think that you are now the proud owner of a 'Gotya Oscar' 'cause so was mine!! :twisted: :twisted:

Me! Extract the wee wee out of football? Never. After all it is a game played by a lot of very talented individuals who sometimes make up a team. It's just a bit of a shame that the English ones forget the team bit when it matters sometimes? :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5: :mrgreen:

Tongue in cheek of course, 'onest! :D

:lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Mike

Jonzjob":b8lgj09e said:
Spain or Chermany Mike?

We will be watching and hoping for a good match and I will be shouting "Actung Spitfire" every now and then!!

Spain of course, best team in the tournament :lol:

Cheers

Mike

So it looks like Cavendish is all mouth and no trousers this year - gave up way before the line today and came in 12th! Real shame Armstrong lost time due to a mechanical rather than through human effort - going to be a big ask to make up over a minute in the mountains just to peg back the likes of Contador.

My prediction - Andy Schleck for the win, Contador second and a battle between Armstrong and Wiggins for third. Reason - Andy now doesn't have to worry about supporting brother Frank and can go for it wholeheartedly. Contador was dropped by Vinokourov yesterday in the closing stages. Not a significant drop, but given Contador was ahead of Armstrong at that point you would have thought he would do everything in his power to maximise his advantage. Not convinced Vino did it on purpose since 5 other riders kept up with him, and it maybe the cobbles took it out of Contador or he had a slight mechanical, but we shall see.

Big respect to Thor Hushold - impresses me more and more and a deserved winner of the points jersey last year and favourite contender this year. Green is for consistent finishing in effect, not sprinting ability as is commonly supposed. Cav cannot climb as well as Thor yet but he has time to develop I think (and hope!)

Steve

StevieB":3q98wgfx said:
Contador was dropped by Vinokourov yesterday in the closing stages. Not a significant drop, but given Contador was ahead of Armstrong at that point you would have thought he would do everything in his power to maximise his advantage. Not convinced Vino did it on purpose since 5 other riders kept up with him, and it maybe the cobbles took it out of Contador or he had a slight mechanical, but we shall see.

Steve

On the ITV4 hightlights they said that he had a broken spoke.

Dave

Great win by Mark Cavendish today 8) But those pictures from the helicopter showed just how hairy it can be :shock: :shock:

Hope he continues to do well - he's had a lousy year so far.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Unfortunatly I have to go and work in France for the next 2 weeks and i'm working just 20k from stage 13 of the tour ...so i suppose i'll have to take a day off to go and watch ....tough life init ... :D

Back