Le Tour!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Domage cowboy!!! Where abouts are you going to have to suffer working at this unfortunate time?

Revel is a lovely town with a very old covered market at the center. They used to use the tower in the middle of the market place to watch for the bandits approaching the town in the 'Moyen Age'. Supposed to be a good view from there!

From there they go further South through Castelnauderie, the home of the famed French Foreign Leigeon and that superb bean and meat stew, cassoulet!! Delicious stuff, but not really for a hot summers day!

We are about 30 miles East of there..

This is the page for that stage. http://www.letour.fr/2010/TDF/LIVE/us/1 ... etape.html The photo shown for Revel is a bit of a cheat because for Revel it shows a photo of Basin St Ferriol at the top of the hill (big hill) South of Revel. It's the main feeder fpr lake the Eastern half of the Canal du Midi. 64 hectares and a lovely place in its own right! A couple of crack ing r5estaurants there too as well as in the middle of Revel!

Anyway! It's OK for you Cowboy, we have to live here :twisted: :D :twisted: All this wine, so little time! 8)

Hi John , my main job is house renovation at Pazayac near Brive la Gaillarde , i also have a little job to do in a cottage between Rignac and Mayran, which is on the D994 near Rodez .
I'm going to there to hang 3 Oak doors because the people have waited two years for the local French joiner to do it ,now he's told them they will have to wait till next year or get someone else to do it as he's busy now ,he spends a lot of time shooting and fishing .
It's ok for you too ,I have to live here in Spain in temps of 37c in the shade today ,i'll be glad to get to France for some cooler weather :wink: ,after France i have to go and work in the UK for 7 weeks in the good old british summer .
Allan .

In my loft I have a Major Nicholls framed bike. I'll get it down, spruce it up and enter the Tour of Britain next year.
Now that would be a record!

John :lol:

Now come on John? These daze it's not a record or even a CD! More likely t be an iPod!

Just doesn't sound the same though does it?

I've got a Dawes frame with GB center pulls and Campag gears and if my hands would take the pressure of riding I might well have come over and joined you. It wasn't a cheap bike either. I bought it from a bike bloke just outside Carterton when I was stationed at Brize Norton. It cost me £10 and I had to replace the tyres on top of that! But I suppose that it was way back in 1969.

Last of the big spenders me! 8) 8) 8)

Mine cost me £68.00. Built to order in 1964. Still got its original enamel... Weinmann Centre pulls, Huret 10 gears, and GB bars, and genuine Brooks leather saddle. Just the wheels and tyres were changed since new. .

Not worth a tenner I bet! :D
John :wink:

Now come on John. Let's not be ridiculosi....

How am I gonna get a bike in a pillar box?

Besides I'm gonna fit it with beefier forks, all-terrain wheels, and call it ye olde mounting-byke...

:lol:

John

Latest posts

Back