Knee pads?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must be 60 years since I've seen an army surplus shop! Do they still exist?
I'm just back from a few days walking on Hadrian's Wall, it was 'interesting' weather wise.
There's a great army surplus store on the main street in Haltwhistle. They have knee pads. I bought laces, a spirit burner, neck wraps, towels, a canvas tool bag and a 'norwegian' top.
I realise this is a very long way for many of this parish but if you are ever passing, I'd recommend it

I have army surplus kneepads which I love. Unfortunatley when I don’t need them they are always in evidence but when I do they go AWOL in the van. So I also have some gel ones from screwfix. Both are brilliant and stay on when I walk around. Would love to just slip some of those foam surfboard things into my work trousers but they don’t work for short buttocks like me (5ft 7) as the slots are too low down my leg.

I have army surplus kneepads which I love. Unfortunatley when I don’t need them they are always in evidence but when I do they go AWOL in the van. So I also have some gel ones from screwfix. Both are brilliant and stay on when I walk around. Would love to just slip some of those foam surfboard things into my work trousers but they don’t work for short buttocks like me (5ft 7) as the slots are too low down my leg.
Haha. The censorship software invented a new term. what I typed was short@ss but shortbuttocks sounds funnier.

I like strappy ones. I've had a pair for years that had 2 straps each side, and they were always slipping and coming undone. Then one time I lost a strap and had to wear one with a single strap. Total transformation! With one strap they aren't straining against each other and very comfortable.

I swear by the DeWalt ones from Screwfix, tightened below the knee and left loose above. Pads-in-trousers don't work for me neither, and I haven't tried any other kinds.

I'm nearly 6' like DBC above so trousers with pockets for pads don't work for me either. I found some Army surplus waterproof trousers where from above the knee down there is two layers of goretex on the front panel. I filled this with an approx 3mm foam camping mat cut to the profile of the hole, doubled over at the top. This meant cutting a slot at the bottom hem to get them in but so far works well. Not inches of comfort and it does mean the trousers want to stand up like Puss in boots type boots, but the second layer of waterproofing is protected from holes to a reasonable degree.

I'm just back from a few days walking on Hadrian's Wall, it was 'interesting' weather wise.
There's a great army surplus store on the main street in Haltwhistle. They have knee pads. I bought laces, a spirit burner, neck wraps, towels, a canvas tool bag and a 'norwegian' top.
I realise this is a very long way for many of this parish but if you are ever passing, I'd recommend it
Ah Haltwhistle....self-acclaimed Centre of Britain ;)

Why on earth does anyone want to walk Hadrians Wall? I can never fathom that out.

When you say the 'weather was interesting'...I'm assuming it was the one day when it wasn't actually raining ? DAMHIKT

Ah Haltwhistle....self-acclaimed Centre of Britain ;)

Why on earth does anyone want to walk Hadrians Wall? I can never fathom that out.

When you say the 'weather was interesting'...I'm assuming it was the one day when it wasn't actually raining ? DAMHIKT
Well everybody's different, I'm a northerner who likes walking and exploring, particularly in high open spaces, I'm fascinated by the history and archaeology of landscapes...
Each to their own.
It did rain, and snow, and blow and ended calm and bathed in sunshine.

Back