Knee pads?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pe2dave

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had a couple of kneelers (knee pads), velcro fasteners etc.
Neither have stayed put, sliding down my legs as I walk.

Anyone recommend a pair please?

A pair of Dickies with knee-pad pouches is good.
If you need to you can hitch them up a touch as you go down so that your knee is nicely in the middle. Strap-on ones much more fiddly and inconvenient.
Pads replaceable - bits of old Karrimat will do.

I've had a couple of kneelers (knee pads), velcro fasteners etc.
Neither have stayed put, sliding down my legs as I walk.

Anyone recommend a pair please?
Hi,
I've never got on with the strap on pads. They either pull your 'Kecks' down or dig into the bag of your knees. Most other tradespeople I've talked to ,all recommend trousers with the loose pad pockets. The last roof I worked on I didn't use knee pads of any kind, and I ended up with "housemaids knee" So, I suppose even an uncomfortable pair is better than none at all

Lots of tilers, who are always praying, use the toughbuilt ones linked to above. There are much more expensive ones too that some tilers swear by, but I can vouch for the Toughbuilt being good.

I have tried the trousers with pads in - very similar to motorcycling jeans. However, I find them uncomfortable (likewise the motorcycling ones).

Have never been able to get on with them. I have a bit of high density foam to kneel on that I got years ago from a local upholsterer. Looking a bit manky now it has to be said, but still going strong.

Have never been able to get on with them. I have a bit of high density foam to kneel on that I got years ago from a local upholsterer. Looking a bit manky now it has to be said, but still going strong.
Yes, ditto. Last weekend I was digging up a tree root, moved a bit (off the kneeler) onto something sharp. Knee excrutiating for 24 hours. Hence my request :)

My grandson is an electrician and always has the pads in pocket work trousers, Ive not tried them but Ive got some old really cheap strap on ones that are okay but very noisy and slippery, and a pair of tilers ones I was given made by Vitro,,,,somthing like that, they make tile cutters and the like,,which have a less clackety outer shell and a gel inner, which are much more comfortable to wear. The strap on ones always need adjusting as you go though the better ones less so, and for some reason they pull my trousers up at the ankles! Def don't want to be on your knees without somthing.

I got some Redbacks pads from Key Blades and Fixings. Much better than the ones that came with my trousers. Some of the time I use a Probag which I got from the local yacht chandler.

Latest posts

Back