Kity 613 bandsaw retiring

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe, the bottom wheel does not have much room to move, as it would be resting on the motor, where the pully connects if I moved it further.

I have taken off the back housing. I have attached a couple of pictures of what I can see.

It appears there is a bolt through the rod that holds the top wheel, on either side of the rod which appears to be threaded on one side are two cir clips.

Have you seen something similar before, knowing my luck the cir clips will break!

Attachments

• 20130925_124537.jpg
    20130925_124537.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 2,091
  • 20130925_124520.jpg
    20130925_124520.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 2,091
I can't make out what I am looking at in the top photo.
I would want to look at the back of the saw and would expect to see an axle sticking out, held by 3 or 4 bolts which control its orientation.
S
PS Sorry, out for the rest of the day.

Top wheel diagram. From looking at it, I am not sure I would be able to add a shim.

Attachments

• topwheel.jpg
    topwheel.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 2,071
Took it out before because of size.

Attachments

• bothwheels.jpg
    bothwheels.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 999
Right. There are three bolts which control the alignment of the bottom axle. I would normally advise against playing with them as they would be factory set, but if your wheels are not in alignment you have little choice.
Undo the 3 bolts but count how many turns you make. When free, move it in or out as necessary and retighten. It is vital that they are balanced. If the two wheels are twisted WRT each other, the blade will simply be sloughed off as soon as you switch on, like shrugging your coat off your shoulders.
S

Thanks Steve, the bottom wheel has been off to get the new tyre on. So that bit is not a problem. But you're right it is probably not on right. Will try again when I have time. I was hoping that the top could have been adujusted, but having had a look now at the machine and the diagram. It does not make any sense that it would.
Incidentally when moving the bottom wheel you need to release the motor so the pully is loosened.

Steve, good news. I adjusted the bottom wheel with a set square. The blade is staying on.

What I had noticed last night; is that the tyre would come off from one side so move forward on one side, but back on the other side. If that makes sense. So I figured either the top wheel was dodgy or the bottom wheel needed adjusting, after working out that I could not do anything with the top wheel.

After a lot of adjusting of the wheel and trial and error; I managed to get the blade on and now it cuts fairly straight. I am sure I will need some fine tuning, but just glad I have got it to work \0/

Thank you Steve and all, for the help on this one. I have learnt a lot through the process and hopefully the thread may help others!

Back