Joke Thread II

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many years ago in the 80s I worked with a petroleum engineer called Richard Head, we used to call him Rick
Imagine the scene: two cars travelling down a straight road, a parked car further along and a turning to the right a hundred yards past that. The car in front of me indicates to go around the parked car having done so I go to overtake him whereupon he turns into the turning. I collide with his car. We exchange details. Turns out he is Mr. Pratt 🤣. Just about keep the smile from my face. (Yes I know the fault is six of one / half dozen of the other 😰).

Screenshot_20221228-104020.png

Imagine the scene: two cars travelling down a straight road, a parked car further along and a turning to the right a hundred yards past that. The car in front of me indicates to go around the parked car having done so I go to overtake him whereupon he turns into the turning. I collide with his car. We exchange details. Turns out he is Mr. Pratt 🤣. Just about keep the smile from my face. (Yes I know the fault is six of one / half dozen of the other 😰).

Had to smile at the above...

Many years ago, I and a pal were in my then pride-and-joy MG Midget, queueing at a T junction.
The car in front indicated to turn right, and was inching forward, ready for a gap in the traffic.
I was wanting to turn left, so as he inched forward and steering right, I was beginning to move up on his inside.
All of a sudden - and he later blamed his passenger wife! - he changed his mind, deciding to turn left instead....
Crunch. My right wing, which I'd only just had repaired and resprayed, got clobbered. The MG was so low, he claimed he couldn't see it in his wing mirror, and then his silly person wife started complaining that we shouldn't have tried to "undertake" his car.
Neither of us had insurance details with us - and laddo didn't even have his licence with him - so it was just a verbal exchange of basic details, scribbled on fag packets/whatever.
In answer to my first question, he stated his name was "John Smith".
Both I and my best mate chorused "Oh yeah....sure!"

It turned out it was, of course!

Had an MG Midget many years ago, could drop the top and drive under the barriers in the local multi storey car park. It was in the days before artic trailers had side safety bars so the motorway was a bit hairy at times

Very good!
(Hope you realise that I'm only teasing you with some of my posts! I wish you no harm!)
Happy Christmas, Stuart. Hope you had a good one, and best wishes for '23.
I know, that's why I try to wind you guys up!!!!!!
Thanks & you to. Although nowadays it's just another day, & when C-mas day clashes with Sunday it does not feel like it.🎅🧑‍🎄🤶

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back