i'm off !!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
miles_hot":3fvvyy7z said:
Bing blind and welding / chansawing is a damn scary thought but I guess that some might do it. Either you belive the claim or you don't. The history of asking for stuff is clear and I would suspect if it works once why not ask again - the worlds a big place - however it still doesn't make this a scam; it all comes down to an issue of belief.
Scammers rely on the naivety and gullibility of the good-hearted who WANT to believe.

Have you ever done any welding?

Do you think you can do it by touch? You'd pretty soon get your fingers burnt.

bob

nail and head.

lewis - not to question your integrity - but it seems you ask for and get alot of stuff for free that then gets sold on, it seems you have changed your name from Brock to Alexander which is always a little iffy........ Judging by a quick google it seems there are plenty of people who are out there that has helped you well, although you have gone from the blind musician to the blind woodturner, quite some skill involved there. You can see why people are dubious in dealing with you.

To the OP

i am sure you have the best intentions with what you have done, but i do think its a little over the top that you have decided to leave until such a person has either been banned or ousted - I think you would have garnered more respect had you posted/pm'ed your feelings and any evidence to either to the forum or the person in question.

my thoughts tis' all

myturn":1pvn1kkd said:
Have you ever done any welding?
Yes - gas, mig and tig, although a long time ago.

myturn":1pvn1kkd said:
Do you think you can do it by touch?
Absolutely no chance!

Reading the other threads - certainly does make you wonder! Can't help but think what Bob's thinking.

Suppose it'll all come out in the wash.

Looks like the Mods have done something about our Friend - he re-listed all those tools for sale again about 10 mins ago, and it's since been removed.

Actually to correct you all on this as you demonstrate your lack of understanding in this. My association with companies and their support is genuine. I've been in touch with companies explaining circumstances and they have understood and I have played fair with them all. I am not in breach or conducting anything illegally.

You want the truth. OK here's the truth.

Yes I am blind. Yes I am a trained woodworker and woodturner with 11 years experience. I qualified as an instrument maker and as a musician with a classical music degree. Let me put this to you.

what would it be like for YOU as a person if you lost your sight? what would you do? would you sit there getting depressed because your life has had to change? would you moan incessantly about not being able to drive a car? read a paper? etc.

You probably would. On the other hand you would put up a fight, accept it and adapt your life to work around you. If you lost your sight as a woodworker you would be able to get back into what you do. why? because your mind and body adapt to the situation and you have to make changes or rot. simple as that.

It's a simple process of using your hands and ears more than anything, relying on some adaptive products, etc to get you through and some support from family and friends to get you through that.

As regards the welding. yes a blind person can weld. It's not a point to argue. A blind person can do pretty much as much as a sighted person with adaptation and serious considerations in mind. I trained with a very good friend and I asked him to do so. I needed to start a bit of welding to produce tools with, etc which were unique to my needs. rather than paying £70 for a day's work per time, etc. I use stick welding as it's the only fully tactile method. How? when a sighted person places a welding mask on, the lens protecting the eyes from UV plunges said person into an enclosed area with vary low light visable. relying on the feel of the gun and where their hands are, the part being welded, etc seconds before the arc is struck.

Seeing as though it's attack me day on what I can only describe as a bad enough day for me. please feel free to drive in the last spike.

theblindwoodturner":2xz2boe1 said:
Seeing as though it's attack me day on what I can only describe as a bad enough day for me. please feel free to drive in the last spike.

OK. I don't believe you.

Not many believed tinytim either, and no one apologised to him after he was treated apallingly, just how far is this thread going to go?

Can I ask a couple of questions please?

firstly

Does the above statement mean you admit to asking for stuff for free and selling it on?

Secondly

You have stated you have no concept of colour but in one of the links you state you lost your sight at 15. Could you clarify if both statements are true please?

I've been a memeber of this forum for some time now. The behaviour of some memebers lately has sunk to an all time low, I don't know how much longer I will continue to contribute should it continue.

I didn't make any comments re. tinyTim, but I have followed the links posted re. tbwt, and the ages quoted and post dates did not seem to be consistent. It has also been pointed out that this poster already has an account on here from a couple of years ago under a [slightly] different name. All the internet breadcrumbs seem to suggest suspicious behaviour and claims.
Of course this could all be wrong and the poster could be totally genuine, strange things do happen, and I can not say that he is a fraudster or that he is slightly delusional.
But I can repeat without fear of contradiction that based on what has been presented so far by both sides of the argument, I don't believe him. What makes an opinion an opinion is that others have full scope to disagree.

whacky":1cptwk62 said:

firstly

Does the above statement mean you admit to asking for stuff for free and selling it on?

Secondly

You have stated you have no concept of colour but in one of the links you state you lost your sight at 15. Could you clarify if both statements are true please?

I confirm I have no concept of colour and have been blind since the age of 15. I can send proof by email as an official copy of certificate of blindness from H.M. Stanley Eye Hospital. St Asaph. Denbighshire.

to correct the reference to sale of free items. With permission from the suppliers including sales reps I know very well, matters have been discussed and permissions granted. It's not a case of asking for stuff free as you put it. Companies I've been involved in have sent me on many occasions samples to help out. some needed, some not able to be used by myself.

I hope this clarifies things.

regarding no concept of colour. because of the brain damage incurred after the attack that took place, this affects memory, some physical functions, etc. Basically it's as iff I was BORN blind. so I have no memory of anything visual at all.

Let's present you here with facts.

I lost my sight on February 15th 2000 on the day of the attack. I was in hospital for 3 days undergoing emergency treatments to attempt restoration of sight. however here are the FACTS!

Both retinas and optic nerves are blown. I have no sensation to both eyes as the remote nerve is also damaged between each eye and cortical stem to the optical side of the brain. Furthermore I have no sensation to the skin around the upper portion of my face and head. On top of this because of the brain damage incurred by the attack that took place, here's some other info you don't know and would never understand until you were in my position...

I suffer short term memory loss, I am on medication to help me sleep and also to help with clinical depression. every day I am in permanent pain because of the damage to my brain. the pain is inside the head and no medication works. on occasions I suffer from tremors down the right hand side of my body.

Would you like more information? my hospital G number as an example? certification of blindness? conversation with my senior neurologist and the eye hospital? why not go that bit further and meet me and spend a day with me, even better, in my shoes.

theblindwoodturner":8a9v7bhh said:
whacky":8a9v7bhh said:

firstly

Secondly

I confirm I have no concept of colour and have been blind since the age of 15. I can send proof by email as an official copy of certificate of blindness from H.M. Stanley Eye Hospital. St Asaph. Denbighshire.

to correct the reference to sale of free items. With permission from the suppliers including sales reps I know very well, matters have been discussed and permissions granted. It's not a case of asking for stuff free as you put it. Companies I've been involved in have sent me on many occasions samples to help out. some needed, some not able to be used by myself.

I hope this clarifies things.

regarding no concept of colour. because of the brain damage incurred after the attack that took place, this affects memory, some physical functions, etc. Basically it's as iff I was BORN blind. so I have no memory of anything visual at all.

Good enough for me - after reading all the info posted from various websites those two issues stood out. I apologise for any offence caused by posting, that was not my intention. I also apologise for doubting you.

thank you. I do accept your apology. It's much appreciated. I hope however others take the time to understand this and that the matter in hand can be left alone.

I just want some peace and to treat this place like a home from home and support anyone who could do with a confidence boost, offer support on tool and machine advice, woodturning trickery, etc.

Lewis

You have to understand why it seems iffy, I am not doubting you, but just trying to help you understand why all this has come about......................why have 2 email addresses for yourself under different names.....................whilst there is nothing wrong asking people to be charitable it seems strange to sell them on so soon after and for hundreds rather than pounds.

The internet are full of scammers - and maybe your best bet as controversy has seemed to have followed your postings is to make a video of doing what you do best and thats show everyone making something and refer back to that if anything should arise in the future.

I know what its like to have a disability and its haunted me throughout my life, I don't doubt you but I do find it a strange and sorry situation...............

Back