http://www.benchdog.com/sawhorse-supports

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pike

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get these or similar in the UK? The site links to Rutlands but nothing there that I can find.

Rockler do them but delivery is over a tenner. Same price as a pack of 4.

Cheers,
Carl.

Have a google for joist hanger or truss hanger and modify with a large hammer to suit 4x2

Could make some even nicer ones with use of more refined tools... grinder / welder and so on

Cheers. I've got joist hangers but am after something that can be used again and again. I imagine these are thicker than your average hanger and can be used with out any screws if you don't mind a bit of movement and just need some quick break down support.

I imagine these are thicker than your average hanger

Yes, but now is the excuse / reason you have been looking for to get that welder

As with all tools, cheap works out expensive ... so get a decent one, arc / mig or even tig, you know you really need it :p

Damn you :) I have actually been thinking about that for something else I want to build.

Hi pike
Have you looked at using masonry hangers. They're made from thicker gauge metal and built into brickwork to take joists, available in many sizes one of which would probably suit your needs.
I purchased a couple of sets of tough built saw horses that have proved to be well worth the money ( they're not cheap) it clamps 4x2 into itself as you open it up, brilliant for making very quick work tables on site

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 929

Latest posts

Back