Where to buy Bandsaw blades.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrimper

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking to buy some decent Bandsaw blades 88" x 1/2" 3 or 4 tpi.
I was going to buy from Axminster but they always seem to be out of stock,
I have just found a company called Tuffsaws but know nothing about them, can I ask has anyone here used them are they OK? Or could anyone recommend any other decent suppliers. (I would prefer to buy UK made blades to support UK industry).

Thank you.

My blades are Axi, but they had them in stock and I had vouchers, I believe generally here you only ever hear good things about Ian @ Tuffsaws. Both from the blades themselves and how helpful they can be if you speak with them about your needs.

HTH

Padster

I've used Tuffsaws as a hobbyist for the last couple of years - first with a Parkside (Lidl) cheap and cheerful model - which was transformed into a surprisingly capable saw with a Tuffsaws blade! Then, I bought a second hand Record Power BS250, which I fitted with a couple of Tuffsaws blades. I then bought a second hand Record Power BS12, and again bought a few different Tuffsaws blades for that. They've all been great - but more impressive is the service from the company - very friendly and good advice - they actually asked what I was cutting, and recommended a CHEAPER blade than the one which I'd expected to buy, and it's been great. Highly recommended.

(The only minor 'niggle' is that they do seem to be a very small company - and as such, sometimes they just have to turn off ordering on their website, I assume because they can't handle more demand... not a huge problem as long as you're not in a rush, and normally back in a day or so)

Thank you so much everyone for your most valuable help and assistance, I will order from Tuffsaws this evening. Thank you. :)

I am looking to buy some decent Bandsaw blades 88" x 1/2" 3 or 4 tpi.
I was going to buy from Axminster but they always seem to be out of stock,
I have just found a company called Tuffsaws but know nothing about them, can I ask has anyone here used them are they OK? Or could anyone recommend any other decent suppliers. (I would prefer to buy UK made blades to support UK industry).

Thank you.
I have just found them and they are excellent email and tell them what you want to cut and they will advise you or just order off their website quick postage as well and very reasonably priced

Tuffsaws - a great (small) company who provide good blades and offer excellent tailored advice for the best blade for your circumstances and requirements. I would have no hesitation in buying from them for any bandsaw blade requirements. Oh and the blades are excellent too.😀

I recommend Tuffsaws because when I phone them they took the time to talk me through the options and helped me buy a blade that was right for me.

So for me it's the care of customer service that has me as a returning customer.

The quality of the blades is something I quite frankly took for granted 🤷‍♂️

Back