Tuff blades seller in EU?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here in Crete they use Bacho blades, cut n made to order.....they make the M42 type as well.....all I ever buy now....
but my daughter post my orders from tuff-saw....
no idea what I'll do when she moves to Ozz in Sept.....guess I'll have to try Bacho.....

Hello,

Next month or in two months, I am going to buy a bandsaw. Everyone here is mentioning only Tuff blades for band saws as the best choice. I have looked at their website and they are well-priced as well. However, I cannot find any distributor in continental Europe and they do not mention that they export the blades outside UK (there is also no shipping option to EU on their website).

Do you know of any EU distributor who sells them or can you recommend and alternative EU brand (and product line) that is as good as Tuff saws?

Thank you.
Hi tibi I had a similar problem trying to find bandsaw blades on the continent.

I’m mainly based in France, but spend a lot of time in Jersey. On the recommendations from the guys on this site I used Tough Saws blades on my BS400. However, for reasons I don’t understand, after Brexit Ian would no longer send me blades to Jersey.

I didn’t have much success finding a supplier on the continent so I bought some blades from Axminster who have no problem shipping to Jersey or direct to the continent. If you log on to their website it appears they will deliver direct to Slovakia. Search Results for bandsaw blades | Axminster Tools

I have been using the Axminster blades in various widths and tooth configurations for a few years now and I find them excellent. Their prices are good, they have a good choice, I find the quality excellent and they last very well.

Hi tibi I had a similar problem trying to find bandsaw blades on the continent.

I’m mainly based in France, but spend a lot of time in Jersey. On the recommendations from the guys on this site I used Tough Saws blades on my BS400. However, for reasons I don’t understand, after Brexit Ian would no longer send me blades to Jersey.

I didn’t have much success finding a supplier on the continent so I bought some blades from Axminster who have no problem shipping to Jersey or direct to the continent. If you log on to their website it appears they will deliver direct to Slovakia. Search Results for bandsaw blades | Axminster Tools

I have been using the Axminster blades in various widths and tooth configurations for a few years now and I find them excellent. Their prices are good, they have a good choice, I find the quality excellent and they last very well.
Thank you conrad,
unfortunatelly, for bandsaw blades, they are not an option for me.
1680761846495.png

I have just purchased Record Sabre 350. It is scheduled to arrive next Thursday. They had the last two pieces in stock, so I pulled the trigger.

Thank you conrad,
unfortunatelly, for bandsaw blades, they are not an option for me.
View attachment 156694
Ah that's a shame tibi.

I would be happy to order any blades you need and send them to you. I get free shipping from Axminster on any order over £50 and I don't expect it would cost much to send the blades from France to Slovakia.

Let me know if I can help.

Ah that's a shame tibi.

I would be happy to order any blades you need and send them to you. I get free shipping from Axminster on any order over £50 and I don't expect it would cost much to send the blades from France to Slovakia.

Let me know if I can help.
Thank you very much Conrad. As I said to BucksDad, I will try some locally available blades (Bahco, Simonds, Pilana) and I will see if I am happy with the quality. If not, I may contact you.

I am going to buy a record power SABRE 350 bandsaw. I read that the stock blade is of poor quality and people change them for Tuff Saws.
I would say calling them poor quality is doing poor quality an injustice, my experience was that unless you want only curves then they are total and complete rubbish. I changed to Tuffsaw blades and it turned the machine into something much more usable.

I would say calling them poor quality is doing poor quality an injustice, my experience was that unless you want only curves then they are total and complete rubbish. I changed to Tuffsaw blades and it turned the machine into something much more usable.
I have just asked the Record Power representative about the default blade and he told me that the default blade installed on the machine is 16 mm (5/8). I will start using this one (just for ripping and resawing - no curves yet) and I will see how I like it. He offered to buy a set of 3 blades with various widths, but I want to try the default one. Also they do not sell blades individually, only a pack of three for around 50 €.

For dust collection, I will not buy a dust collector, as they are told to be inefficient for bandsaws, but I will create a PVC pipe connected to a shop vac - like in this Rob Cosman's video. I should be able to connect it to the cast iron table with a strong magnet without altering anything on the bandsaw (and voiding 5-year warranty). I do not intend to ever tilt the blade.

I had two packs of Record blades that were never used, went into recycling as I did not want others to go through the problems I had. I ask Record why they cannot provide decent blades with there new machines because it makes the machine seem pretty useless. The change to Tuff blades was like an instant change, the machine suddenly became a usable band saw that could cut in a straight line. As for dust it is so negligable that it is not worth the hassle, I just give mine a hoover out after use and no problems.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Conrad. As I said to BucksDad, I will try some locally available blades (Bahco, Simonds, Pilana) and I will see if I am happy with the quality. If not, I may contact you.
OK no problems Tibi. If you need anything you can PM me. Anything I have shipped to Jersey comes net of VAT so that's a significant discount and would more than cover the shipping from France to Slovakia.

At the moment I'm happy with the Axminster blades, however, if you have any luck finding good European made blades please let me know. I would like to find a source on the continent.

I use Bahco blades on other saws and I find them very good. I expect their bandsaw blades woud be equally good.

Quite rightly, Tuffsaw baldes are highly recommended on this forum. However, as it appears they will only supply blades to customers on the British mainland.

It would be interesting to know where and who manufacturers the blades that they sell. It may help us who can no longer buy our blades from Ian as we no longer live on the British mainland find a source of good blades and, it would have no adverse effects on Tuffsaws business.

I was also lucky to be able to order from TuffSaws for my new Felder FB-510 several blades in Feb-2020. And I bought some extra blades for Record Power BS250 before brexit just in case. I think I will use somebody who can receive in UK and re ship to EU if I need more, as I just don’t see any good options anywhere else… Did that once already with Record Power WR101M (though never used it, heh).

SuperTuff Fastcut is my favourite blade, with one unset tooth between two set teeth. I am still on the first blade on my small BS250. It cuts 120 mm beech with 360 watt motor no problem, and has thin kerf. I haven't seen anything like this in Germany or EU... Which is strange, given that any business can buy the same source blade in reels, I suppose.

Want to try carbide tipped blade but also no idea where to buy it from. Maybe I have to use phone instead of internet and ask small questions to big companies. Phone really works better than internet in Austria and Germany as they just don't care so much about web sites and retail shops...

Back