How deep is your snow ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PowerTool":3lk28mfc said:
About 4 or 5 inches in Darlington,bit less at work in Thornaby.
A66 is one lane and a set of tramlines..

Andrew

was about to post that... meant to be in consett today with work... at 8am it was 6" and counting...

just got stuck after letting her horse out at the top of town... wicked...
might be like this for a few days yet.

Dave R":1k3l27qw said:
Looks like a regular old winter day here in Minnesnowta. :D

Dave,

I remember being in Minneapolis/St Paul some time ago, I thought the heated bus shelters were quite quirky and those funny rubber plugs sticking out from the front grills on cars......Till the weather turned cold, by Jesus does it get cold in Minnesota.... I then found out what they were for.

We have 6-7" of snow here in London, most things have ground to a halt No busses run...... They will tell you it's the wrong sort of snow.

Paul

CNC Paul":35ghz5fa said:
Dave R":35ghz5fa said:
Looks like a regular old winter day here in Minnesnowta. :D

Dave,

I remember being in Minneapolis/St Paul some time ago, I thought the heated bus shelters were quite quirky and those funny rubber plugs sticking out from the front grills on cars......Till the weather turned cold, by Jesus does it get cold in Minnesota.... I then found out what they were for.

We have 6-7" of snow here in London, most things have ground to a halt No busses run...... They will tell you it's the wrong sort of snow.

Paul

We've got one of those plugs on the front of one of the cars but we've never used it. Newer cars with lighter oil don't seem to have much trouble until the temps get really low. -30°F and such.

It was cold enough here a couple of weeks ago that folks were microwaving cups of water and then tossing the water into the air outside to watch it turn into snow. You have to do it with hot water for some reason. I did it to show my son. That's about the only thing fun about cold like that.

It's about 9-10" here in Romford and still snowing,

This last night about 11 pm

Same scene, but this morning.

The Garden about 13. 30
The Shed on right side

Summer house in winter :roll::roll::roll::roll:

Tom, That's home built if you're interested.

Not sure how it managed to get here from Russia but miss Norfolk?? :?

Apparently it will get here this afternoon. Hope so - the kids weren't too chuffed this morning.

Boris has just been on the TV admitting it is not the wrong type of snow - just too much of it!
It's supposed to be the worst snowfall for 18 years and to be fair you cannot have a lot of expensive snow clearing gear hanging around for these infrequent occasions.
When I moved down south from Yorkshire in the late 60's we had a sprinkling of snow in Southampton - it paralysed the city - the snow gritting/clearing gear was stored on the outskirts and they could not get to it.
I think things are better managed now and with very accurate forecasting the roads are usually gritted in advance.
Where I live I seem to be the only person who clears the snow - from my driveway and the footpaths outside. A task most people up north used to do? Old habits die hard!

Rod

John. B":s6ocfcyy said:

Tom, That's home built if you're interested.

Looks much more robust than mine John. I've changed plans on using it and keeping everything in the workshop. A new storage shed will house timber.

Just managed to get this piccy of a Robin taking shelter below a Red Robin leaf :lol: before it flew off.

Had about 2" here in Brum so far but they are forcasting more heavier snow about rush hour time :roll:

As soon as these guys finish with Dave's drive in Minnisnowita. maybe they can come over and help out in your area.

snow55.jpg

Travis

Went out at 6.30am this morning to brush the snow off the wife's car and start it up, and it was up to my knees :shock: Must get some longer wellington boots....... :lol:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Paul Chapman":ts9aj2az said:
Went out at 6.30am this morning to brush the snow off the wife's car and start it up, and it was up to my knees :shock: Must get some longer wellington boots....... :lol:

Cheers :wink:

Paul
Or wear high heels :lol:

So I wonder if the trains will be working tomorrow? Hope not ;)

About a fag paper thick here on the coast, been sunny all day, but minus one in the workshop finaly made me give up for the evening.

Roy.

Back