How deep is your snow ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming down quite heavily here but doesn't seem to be settling...have just been 'stood down' so going home in a moment - Rob

I'm feeling so left out up here in Newcastle
We had about 4cm on Monday which lasted until the afternoon when it started to rain.
Nothing since then except about 5mm this morning

I do wish you'd change the title of this thread. I've had the BeeGees going round in my head for the lat three or four days, it's driving me nuts.

"How deep is your snow, how deep is your snow,
I really need to learn
'Cause I'm living in a world of snow
That's getting me down
When they all should let us be
Stayin' home just you and me..."

© SJM 2009

Steve Maskery":2t94f114 said:
I do wish you'd change the title of this thread. I've had the BeeGees going round in my head for the lat three or four days, it's driving me nuts.

I really need to learn
That's getting me down

© SJM 2009
LOL, I had exactly the same thought today, but I didn't want to say anything in case I was mocked :D Now I feel liberated ;)

Cheers

Mark

Steve Maskery":brbcrdr2 said:

I really need to learn
That's getting me down

© SJM 2009

Aaaaarrrrgghhh!!!! I had spent days fighting off that particular ear worm and I was doing so well until you posted lyrics :? :?

Given that it is showing no sign of thawing the whole street was out with shovels this morning to clear the road. Everyone did their bit to clear two tracks to create a single lane road down the hill. Of course as sson as we had finished a builder hired by the council came up the hill with a dozer blade and did the rest ;)

I did notice that no one was willing to do it yesterday when there was a chace of making it to work ;)

hahah, same for me, resisted posting it tho :roll:

We just had a drive down into kent. Weird how you go through one town and it's got an inch or so of snow covering and then you'll drive past fields that are completely clear.

The sunshine is out here at home. Lovely 8)

Anyone fancy sending some over here? Kids are pretty cheesed off that everyone else seems to have it except us. Despite the weather forecast telling us to expect heavy snow this week, there has been barely enough to make a snowball let alone a snowman :?
Mind you, it didn't stop the school closing at midday on Monday and sending my daughter home to find no-one there to let her in! :shock: :evil:
Dave

Starting to snow quite heavy here again now.Just as it was all clearing away.
Forcast isn't too good either for the next few days :roll:

Been away skiing in Austria for a week and missed most of the fun - though granted we did have plenty of snow to ski on. Apparently our village was on the news as the council was refusing to send up the ploughs and gritters or even fill the grit bins, consequently was cut off for a few days. We're just above the local pennine snow line so always get some when others don't, was still quite surprised at the amount lying around when we got back on Sun and the road outside our house is still impassable to non 4x4s.

If snowy conditions become a more regular feature then it may be worth investing in a set of winter/snow tyres, they all have them in Austria which is why they can drive up and down the roads we were skiing on!

Back