Help with JBM-5 Manual

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p111dom

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi have just bought a used JBM-5 morticer but there's no manual with it. Axminsters site says 'all slideways are adjustable to remove any play' but I can't see how. Also the chisels from by previous morticer don't seem to fit correctly. The bush supplied seems to be too large so the chisels disappear up towards the chuck when faced with harder timber. I was hoping that different sized bushes were available and the part numbers listed in the back of the manual. No manuals for this machine listed on jet or axminsters web site. Could anyone point me in the right direction? If anyone relatively locally has this machine could I make a copy? I live in Scotland, Fife specifically. Or maybe some kind person could email me a copy?

Many Thanks

Hi p11dom, welcome to the forum, if you can wait until tomorrow I will see if I have still got my manual, and if I have I will run you off a copy.

Cheers

Mike

Does axminster not have it online? They usually have all the manuals in .pdf version. Also, the bigger Jet benchtop morticer comes with a range of bushes, so if you give axminster a call i'm sure they could sell some to you.

Unfortunately not even though this particular machine is badged as an Axminster JBM-5 as opposed to Jet. Don't get me wrong Axminster are a great outfit and have given me good service in the past but the last time I rang them about a old Axminster fret saw I had bought used, they were a little cold when they realised that I hadn't bought it from them direct. Would be easier just to ring up and order part numbers. Aside from that still can't work out the adjustment unless it's just a case of tightening or slackening the head to the post.

Oops a bit over enthusiastic with the correct button on the spell checker. Should be badged up as Axminster.

Should have come with three bushes, 13/16, 3/4" and 1/2" also a manual.

Maybe that the bush supplied is a 13/16" and the 3/4" is missing?

It is new from Axminster I take it? Then give them a ring and complain about two items missing

No it's used so no recourse on the bushes/ manual. Interestingly though in the description on the Axminster site it says it’s only supplied with a 3/4 inch bush not 3 although it’s possible. Will have to get the callipers out and measure the bush and my chisels. At the end of the day I'm into woodworking but my Father in into metalworking. Milling a bush up shouldn't take long but he's 3 and a half hours away from me and getting one direct would be easier. (Unless it's £50 or something!)

Axminster do sell a adapter for 3/4 chisels to fit 13/16 bushes £11.44 here (scroll down to No400043).

If Mike is unable to get you a manual,let me know, I'll see what I can do.

Back