Heatwave

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are mixing up universe and planet with that line of reasoning.

My partner always warns me that, when satire becomes too subtle, too close to what people actually say, that I just start to look like a "believer" myself.

"... 'em" I say, "if it goes that far, there's enough crazies out there that ill just blend in"

(technically, however, I'm not mixing up the two - its thought that in the first fractions of a second post "bang" the temperature was as i quoted - our "globe" would not have been as we know it, but was either part of that matter spewed out, or formed from the stars that were, themselves, formed, so to say that "it" cooled 1000 trillion degrees c is not exactly inaccurate - the whole universe, of which the planet, kind of, was part of [well, how could it not be] cooled)

Last edited:
I actually wondered if you were joking and then figured nah, probably just another crazy guy 😅

Your last paragraph however is eroding the sentiments established in your first two - or was that some even more nuanced satire?

How about the fact that the temperature of the inner atmosphere is warmer than the outer atmosphere, indicating that the gasses building up in the lower atmosphere are causing heat generated on Earth to be retained rather than being lost to space? We are warming up, there is no doubt. It is now up to science to determine how much is natural change and how much is man-made change and is there's anything, realistically, that we can, and want, to do about it.
Science has already done that work. The results are clear and very widely understood. You are right that we have to decide what to do about it. It’s clear that if we choose not to things will get worse over time.

Science has already done that work. The results are clear and very widely understood. You are right that we have to decide what to do about it. It’s clear that if we choose not to things will get worse over time.
That's it. The party is over.
The projections made over the last 30 years or so are coming true. Sooner than forecast - science has been a bit over cautious against the backdrop of shrieking CC sceptics!
We are in phase two with major changes on the way.

The projections made over the last 30 years or so are coming true?

https://cei.org/blog/wrong-again-50-years-of-failed-eco-pocalyptic-predictions/
You think this heatwave is not happening?
You just need to look at the world around you instead of burying your head in websites for nutters!
It'll cool off of course, today even - and the nutters will all say false alarm.
Then there will be another one along, possibly even worse, if not this year then next.

explainer: your website is put together by CC sceptics and they have selected outlier opinions and casual comments, which were evidently wrong, or just parodied and distorted.
You can find comments and opinions like that on any topic you chose, so it's more important to look at the consensus, especially if it is informed by the science.

Last edited:
As a bystander, I assume that creating a new thread about the environmental and climate impacts of the selected sharpening method would create so much heat, that It would raise world temperatures by another 5 degrees.

I do believe global warming is a fact.
I also believe that the media invariably exaggerates bad news and disaster stories.
Human kind is largely indulging in its favourite past time: allocation of blame. No one ever thinks it is their fault so inevitably it is always a problem for someone else.
This is similar to "tomorrow never comes". Hence, we see miniscule human intervention.

I actually wondered if you were joking and then figured nah, probably just another crazy guy 😅

Your last paragraph however is eroding the sentiments established in your first two - or was that some even more nuanced satire?

It has been this hot before, there's no doubt about it.

I think the fastest I've ever travelled, relative to the surface, was about 500mph.

We gradually got up to that speed, and gradually slowed down again.

I walked away from the process.

If you were to accelerate to 500mph too rapidly, your brain would, irreparably, knock against the back of your skull. If you accelerated quick enough you would, basically, turn to lumpy soup.

I do believe global warming is a fact.
I also believe that the media invariably exaggerates bad news and disaster stories.
Except when they are debunking them, as with CC.
Human kind is largely indulging in its favourite past time: allocation of blame. No one ever thinks it is their fault so inevitably it is always a problem for someone else.
This is similar to "tomorrow never comes". Hence, we see miniscule human intervention.

I've done my best over the years to conserve resources since I learned of CC back in the 70s when I was at school.
At the request of my water supplier to save water I haven't watered my lawn at all this year, my choice of course.
My neighbours however on either side both have paddling pools full of water and are playing outside in 40c heat with the hose running all day and they're having a great time laughing and playing.
The neighbor next to them waters his garden twice a day with his water hose.

Why do I even bother to make a difference when all around me people couldn't care less.
I may as well sell my EV and buy a thumping great V8 and enjoy my final years and join the ranks of the "Don't care" folks.

And this is the problem, we all have to make an effort to make a difference or sadly just give up trying.
We're staring right in the face of the point of no return, this current heatwave is a stark warning to us all but who's seeing it for what it is.

So, might as well give up trying to save the planet for future generations and party 'til the end. 🤡🎉

Anyone looking to buy a KIA e-Niro?

Last edited:
I've done my best over the years to conserve resources since I learned of CC back in the 70s when I was at school.
At the request of my water supplier to save water I haven't watered my lawn at all this year, my choice of course.
My neighbours however on either side both have paddling pools full of water and are playing outside in 40c heat with the hose running all day and they're having a great time laughing and playing.
The neighbor next to them waters his garden twice a day with his water hose.

Why do I even bother to make a difference when all around me people couldn't care less.
I may as well sell my EV and buy a thumping great V8 and enjoy my final years and join the ranks of the "Don't care" folks.

And this is the problem, we all have to make an effort to make a difference or sadly just give up trying.
We're staring right in the face of the point of no return, this current heatwave is a stark warning to us all but who's seeing it for what it is.

So, might as well give up trying to save the planet for future generations and party 'til the end. 🤡🎉

Anyone looking to buy a KIA e-Niro?
No thanks on the Kia it's currently just moving pollution not saving any!

Just outside my back door, in the shade
16582346196596385052558969051698.jpg

Really? Please educate me.
How many days a year is the UK's energy needs met completely by renewable energy sources? And that's before you get onto the pollution from lithium mining for a relatively short lived energy holding device! It quite possibly is the future but needs a much cleaner source of battery storage and a big increase in renewable power sources before it achieves it!

How many days a year is the UK's energy needs met completely by renewable energy sources? And that's before you get onto the pollution from lithium mining for a relatively short lived energy holding device! It quite possibly is the future but needs a much cleaner source of battery storage and a big increase in renewable power sources before it achieves it!
I don't believe we have so far had any days when the UKs electricity needs are met by renewables, let alone "energy". I believe we sometimes exceed 50% on electric, though. Just need to build more, and find a way to store it.

Back