Haircut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife now does mine every 2-3 weeks. Just a No. 3 all over, nothing special.
She insists after a school-boy error on my part last summer when I removed the No.3 guard to tidy up the old side-burners but then forgot to put it back on for a final buzz over….
I ended up with a nice, neat bald track up the middle of my bonce.
Much like a reverse Mohican, if you like.
I didn’t mind shaving it all off and quite liked it TBH but the fact that my face and neck was slightly tanned and my nut was much paler made me look like I’d been dipped into a tin of white gloss paint.
A guy at work came in one day with a nearly bald groove up the back of his head, the guide had fallen off! We only took the micky out of him over that for a couple of months. 😆

When I was a lad, an acquaintance of mine dyed his hair green, shaved a "reverse mohican" and affixed a tiny lawnmower to his head, and that was his art college exam submission. To be honest, I never saw this, just heard about it.

Don't know if it was a crisis of confidence, or just an time of age thing. But I went from a ruffian long haired biker to having a number one haircut in one go.
Initially the barber didn't want to do it, as he knew my wife and I, and was scared she would rip him a new hole.

But it turned out OK, I was happy, SWMBO was happy and the barber was just relieved🤡

But I went from a ruffian long haired biker

Halcyon days for me... biker here but never a ruffian. (only 5' 2" so I had to be polite) I saved my pennies and got a beautiful Guzzi T3. (the spare parts were always on the lorry from Italy, per Mick Walker Racing of Cambridge) I tricked it out with Norton straight handlebars, Japanese electrics from Honda and Dunstall pipes sans baffles. Those were indeed the days, Ace Cafe, Ally Pally, 59 Club, Boxhill and RAC/ACU round Britain rally. We finished the rally at the beautiful Matlock baths with some fine local roads to ride on. In truth, my bike was possibly too big for me because I must have looked like an ant on a brick. 😂

Halcyon days for me... biker here but never a ruffian. (only 5' 2" so I had to be polite) I saved my pennies and got a beautiful Guzzi T3. (the spare parts were always on the lorry from Italy, per Mick Walker Racing of Cambridge) I tricked it out with Norton straight handlebars, Japanese electrics from Honda and Dunstall pipes sans baffles. Those were indeed the days, Ace Cafe, Ally Pally, 59 Club, Boxhill and RAC/ACU round Britain rally. We finished the rally at the beautiful Matlock baths with some fine local roads to ride on. In truth, my bike was possibly too big for me because I must have looked like an ant on a brick. 😂
Was a T3 850 Callafornia?

Was a T3 850 Callafornia?
No, just a standard T3. I took apart every nut and bolt one winter and had the frame stove enammelled then put it all back together. It was a very agricultural 850cc horizontally opposed 90 degree twin engine (in a tractor, no less) which made about 50bhp @ 3,700rpm. I did all my own servicing and really loved that bike for its lazy power delivery, V Twin torque and shaft drive. I have owned and ridden many others but that was top of the list.

Moto Guzzi V7 engine in a tractor

Always fancied a California, but got to ride a Triumph Tiger 100s that dad owned.
My first own bike was a yamaha 200 twin two stroke, dredged out of a canal.
Had to strip and rebuild from scratch, under dads watchful eye. It was a bit of a rat look, as had to make new side panels, one from an esso oil can, the other a Duckhams 20/50 can.
Look like rubbish, rode like a racer. Got me through my test though. Fun days....

My father would take great delight in asking the local teenage boys if they would like to try starting his Black Panther, nearly all the guys could not move the kick start, he would then ask me to start it for him, me being about ten years old at the time, I knew where the de-compression lever was and what it did, there was an evil streak to my Father. 😇 He also had a Brough Superior and Velocete Venom.

Phil, got any photos, would love to see them - please?
No, unfortunately I lost them all. Screen, engine bars, braided lines, rider and passenger footplates, K&N filter, Power Commander with a Californian race map (ironically illegal in California), long straight Cobra exhausts ,rifled, no baffles. Their stock exhaust is downright ugly, and mine (fortunately :LOL: ) was victim of a smidsy - £2.700 to spend mostly on goodies. 8'5" long, 4'1" wide, it out Harleyed Harleys. 32,000 wonderful miles before I had to sell.

My father would take great delight in asking the local teenage boys if they would like to try starting his Black Panther, nearly all the guys could not move the kick start, he would then ask me to start it for him, me being about ten years old at the time, I knew where the de-compression lever was and what it did, there was an evil streak to my Father. 😇 He also had a Brough Superior and Velocete Venom.
Must be a dad thing, mine did same trick with his Vincent HRD Black Shadow.

Must be a dad thing, mine did same trick with his Vincent HRD Black Shadow.
If your dad attended the Vincent owners club meetings at the Tigers Head in Lee Green, I at some point would have met him, one guy there was in all the magazines with his Vincent as an advert for Solvo Autosol chrome polish, don't know if I have spelt that correctly, this would have been mid 60's.

Phil, got any photos, would love to see them - please?
I came across a photo I posted on another thread ages ago -
78797-DSCN1186r.jpg

I used to cut my hair every three or even four weeks. Some time ago I felt the need to increase it to every two weeks. It looked a bit long today so I gave it a trim, I’d only cut it ten days ago. Anyone else have this issue? I suppose it could be worse, I could be bald, wouldn’t want that this time of year. 😨 😆
I missed being a Hippie because work got in the way, but 5 years ago I decided to let my hair grow. I'd better mention now that I am 92 with a fulll head of hair and it still grows at a quite alarming rate, So now I have a nice Pony Tail almost ready for plaiting. daily shane but a trim atthe barbers around a month or 6 weeks, Being long retired I don't haave to impress any more, so it is an old need satisfied,

I missed being a Hippie because work got in the way, but 5 years ago I decided to let my hair grow. I'd better mention now that I am 92 with a fulll head of hair and it still grows at a quite alarming rate, So now I have a nice Pony Tail almost ready for plaiting. daily shane but a trim atthe barbers around a month or 6 weeks, Being long retired I don't haave to impress any more, so it is an old need satisfied,

Good on ya, man!
I've not had mine cut for over 30 years...

Back