Festools concept of Black Friday is off

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just buy other decent brands and you will save more than buying Festool in the sale. Look at places like Toolden and Powertoolworld. Yes a saving of a couple of quid is not going to make anyone rush in and buy but then maybe you only win if buying bigger items like machines from Axminster.

Just buy other decent brands and you will save more than buying Festool in the sale. Look at places like Toolden and Powertoolworld. Yes a saving of a couple of quid is not going to make anyone rush in and buy but then maybe you only win if buying bigger items like machines from Axminster.
Indeed there are some nice deals on large machines at Axminster.

I don’t mind paying the Festool tax and like the look and operation of the tools.

My point was that 2% being labelled as a “Black Friday” deal is nothing more that trying to cash in on the name of the sale. I get 10% off everything in several local stores simply because I’m over 60 😀

FFX are notorious for how they play with numbers to try and give the appearance of a discount.
Any time they are a part of ebay's 20% off times, it is always worth checking their own website - the ebay figures are inflated first...
It is well known that a lot of Black Friday deals are actually worse than before or afterwards - and that the general populace will believe anything that marketing tells them! However, there are still some very good deals...

FFX are notorious for how they play with numbers to try and give the appearance of a discount.
Any time they are a part of ebay's 20% off times, it is always worth checking their own website - the ebay figures are inflated first...
It is well known that a lot of Black Friday deals are actually worse than before or afterwards - and that the general populace will believe anything that marketing tells them! However, there are still some very good deals...
Totally agree and there are not 30 Fridays in November

My approach to BF is to know what I want and track the price over the year - you can soon see what is worth buying and what is not.

This year I have to agree with Paul - I have bought nothing marked as a BF deal. In fact, I find the occasional non-BF specials can be far better value and worth watching out for - especially an Amazon pricing aberration.

The concept of "Black Friday" is a complete load of tosh and nonsense.
At it's very best, it allows the low level, cheap manufacturers to show us what their real profit
margins are. Which means me, as the potential customer, actually retains
more respect for those suppliers who don't enter into this stupid nonsense,
as I understand, as a reasonably intelligent being, that after they have crafted
said quality item, their margin remains quite small.
They are simply not in a position to offer any substantial discounts.

festool dont bother coz those that buy their stuff also wear T shirts with a crocodile on.....
hooked on fashion....hahaha...
076c8f11a4272f24412aaabadcd9e1a0.jpg

Festool don't do discounts and their dealers are "encouraged" not to discount their tooling.
Because there is no need if your customers are hooked like addicts, Apple are the same and know the next so called latest and greatest product will just sell to there devoted followers without needing to discount.

Latest posts

Back