Great Service from Festool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
My 17 year old OF1400 router stopped working last Friday morning, I presumed it would be the auto shut off brushes as it did the same 9 years ago. I could have replaced them myself but thought I would send it off to Festool as I didn't need it for a few days and they would give it a full service.

It stopped working Friday morning, I filled in a repair form and dropped the router at a local parcel collection point Friday afternoon, later that day I got a message saying it had been collected and was on it's way to Festool.

Monday I got a message saying my tool had arrived at the Festool service centre.

Wednesday I got a message saying it had left the service centre and was on it's way back to me.

This morning (Thursday) I took delivery of my router which is working again

It cost £48 all in which I'm happy with as it saved me messing about with it.

I have criticised Festool service in the past but seems like they have got their act together now (y)

It's the communication, no one minds when they take the time to update you on status. It's when it disappears into a black hole with no info forthcoming that people get annoyed. I've used their services in the past, and found them to be pretty good.

It's the communication, no one minds when they take the time to update you on status. It's when it disappears into a black hole with no info forthcoming that people get annoyed. I've used their services in the past, and found them to be pretty good.

Totally agree, I think it was the communication and updates from them which prompted me to post about it.

The other things were the website warned of delays with service which I didn't experience, also I got the router back before I had even paid for the fix which I found very trusting, guess it means they can just get on and fix things without being held up waiting for paperwork and payments etc.

Yes you've had good service from Festool but I suspect all the communications have been from the courier. I've had a lot of packages coming and going recently and the typical sequence of messages is
1. We have picked up your parcel from XYZ Ltd
2. Your parcel is now at our local depot
3. Your parcel will be delivered tomorrow between 6.37am and 9.14pm.
4. Your parcel was delivered at 12.23pm today
5 Your experience is important to us. Please spend 30mins answering our customers satisfaction survey.

A bit tongue in cheek but you get the drift.
And all this is generated by guys out on beat with their handsets and QR/bar codes.
Quite impressive really
Brian

Yes you've had good service from Festool but I suspect all the communications have been from the courier. I've had a lot of packages coming and going recently and the typical sequence of messages is
1. We have picked up your parcel from XYZ Ltd
2. Your parcel is now at our local depot
3. Your parcel will be delivered tomorrow between 6.37am and 9.14pm.
4. Your parcel was delivered at 12.23pm today
5 Your experience is important to us. Please spend 30mins answering our customers satisfaction survey.

A bit tongue in cheek but you get the drift.
And all this is generated by guys out on beat with their handsets and QR/bar codes.
Quite impressive really
Brian

I did have some msgs from the courier but some were from Festool for example these texts below to my phone and more detailed via email containing tracking details etc.

"Your tool has arrived at our service center. Regards Festool Customer Service."

"Your tool has left our service center and was handed to our logistics partner. You should receive this back within 1-2 working days. Regards Festool customer service."

this is why the pros use it, totally makes sense, if you had a business you couldn't afford to wait too long, that's a very fast turnaround.

This echos my experience with Festool also, well worth every penny for that kind of back up.

Back